Used 1995 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

The best car I ever had, a.k.a. my Bessie Mae
By jazzy_patel

1995 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

The 95 Nissan Sentra GXE was the first car I ever had and I still drive it today. I got this car in 99 when I was a freshman in college and it has well exceeded my expectations. I am now in the process of looking for a new car since we have a baby on the way and need something bigger and a little more up to date. But I absolutely love my car!! It has great gas mileage and has allowed me to travel wherever I want to go. It will still be in the family; I am giving it to my sister since she is now a freshman in college. It will be a perfect car for her too!! No, it's not the fanciest car but it sure is reliable. They don't make them like this anymore!!

Great gas mileage, good engine, will run forever!!

Nothing could improve this car, it's perfect the way it is

Rallymobile
By Jilly

1995 Nissan Sentra GLE 4dr Sedan

My sister got this car for high school and treated it like crap, then i got it for high school and i treated it like crap. Ten years in Alaska, two teenager drivers and 200 thousand miles later its still running perfectly. Never once been in a shop. (:

Runs forever

Great Car
By Kevin

1995 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

We have owned our 1995 Nissan Sentra Xe for 8 years now and it has served us well. It is still running today and driven daily. The battery, alternator and starter go out every 2 years, but the engine is still running very strong with 159000 miles on it now. We bought it with 30000 miles on it and have only had a few mechanical problems. Great car and very inexpensive! The cup holders are pretty small and annoying though. That's really my only complaint. When using larger cups it changes the radio station every time we hit a bump. Surprisingly peppy engine for it to be a four cylinder, unless the air conditioner is on. I would buy it all over again if I had the option. Great car.

Gas Mileage, Interior Space, Trunk Space, Reliability

Move the cup holders into the center console and away from the radio!

13 years and going
By jr42

1995 Nissan Sentra GLE 4dr Sedan

My wife and I purchased this vehicle new in 1995, after all these years I would definitely give this car a thumbs up. Only minor repairs. Perfect starter car. A/C is still going strong after thirteen years.

Stylish look, gas mileage, and sunroof.

Paint is peeling.

Just an amazing little car
By George ID

1995 Nissan Sentra GLE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new in the fall of 1995. It is the SER version with the 2.0 liter motor. It is a well maintained car that at 167,000 miles still has the original clutch. I've changed the brakes a few times the rears just once last fall at 160,000 miles. I've changed the struts and shocks twice. The car has a lot of power for its size, fun to drive too. Gas mileage currently is 28 mpg. The body has held up well for its age. I just noticed a little rust in the right wheel well which I think I may repair. A very reliable fun car. Too bad the new sentras aren't as reliable. I am currently looking to purchase a 1998 or 1999 for a cheap reliable gas sipping transportation.

Great 2.0 liter motor, comfortable seats, good a/c, great headlight design good shifter and gas mileage.

Small cup holder in way of some radio controls. Overhead dome light swith is starting to fail.