1995 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
The best car I ever had, a.k.a. my Bessie Mae
By jazzy_patel on 05/16/11 13:14 PM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

The 95 Nissan Sentra GXE was the first car I ever had and I still drive it today. I got this car in 99 when I was a freshman in college and it has well exceeded my expectations. I am now in the process of looking for a new car since we have a baby on the way and need something bigger and a little more up to date. But I absolutely love my car!! It has great gas mileage and has allowed me to travel wherever I want to go. It will still be in the family; I am giving it to my sister since she is now a freshman in college. It will be a perfect car for her too!! No, it's not the fanciest car but it sure is reliable. They don't make them like this anymore!!

Rallymobile
By Jilly on 04/10/10 17:24 PM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Sentra GLE 4dr Sedan

My sister got this car for high school and treated it like crap, then i got it for high school and i treated it like crap. Ten years in Alaska, two teenager drivers and 200 thousand miles later its still running perfectly. Never once been in a shop. (:

Great Car
By Kevin on 10/27/09 13:39 PM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

We have owned our 1995 Nissan Sentra Xe for 8 years now and it has served us well. It is still running today and driven daily. The battery, alternator and starter go out every 2 years, but the engine is still running very strong with 159000 miles on it now. We bought it with 30000 miles on it and have only had a few mechanical problems. Great car and very inexpensive! The cup holders are pretty small and annoying though. That's really my only complaint. When using larger cups it changes the radio station every time we hit a bump. Surprisingly peppy engine for it to be a four cylinder, unless the air conditioner is on. I would buy it all over again if I had the option. Great car.

13 years and going
By jr42 on 06/06/08 08:38 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Sentra GLE 4dr Sedan

My wife and I purchased this vehicle new in 1995, after all these years I would definitely give this car a thumbs up. Only minor repairs. Perfect starter car. A/C is still going strong after thirteen years.

Just an amazing little car
By George ID on 05/10/08 01:08 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Sentra GLE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new in the fall of 1995. It is the SER version with the 2.0 liter motor. It is a well maintained car that at 167,000 miles still has the original clutch. I've changed the brakes a few times the rears just once last fall at 160,000 miles. I've changed the struts and shocks twice. The car has a lot of power for its size, fun to drive too. Gas mileage currently is 28 mpg. The body has held up well for its age. I just noticed a little rust in the right wheel well which I think I may repair. A very reliable fun car. Too bad the new sentras aren't as reliable. I am currently looking to purchase a 1998 or 1999 for a cheap reliable gas sipping transportation.

Nissan Sentra 1995
By eeyore on 03/09/08 11:44 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

I have enjoyed my Nissan, it has been a good reliable little car, have had to put some major money into it in the last year (156 thousand miles) but it still putts along and gets me to where I need to go. Both my teens drive it. I have owned it for 11 years and it still has a few years of around town driving left in it I hope.

Economical
By Bang for your buck on 07/12/07 17:49 PM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

My 95 Sentra is a good little car, it gets good gas mileage, and it seems to be pretty reliable. It doesn't have enough pick-up for my liking and the seats need a lumbar support but other than that it's great. It has enough room it's safe, and it's well built. Oh and just because it won't giddy-up off the line doesn't mean it can't cruise on the highway. I've had mine hold 100 mph no shaking, very smooth.

Just keeps going
By treeman on 09/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

Bought it new, has 213k miles and still going strong. most reliable car I've ever had (yes, I've owned some hondas). Glad i got the 5 speed, the engine doesn't have much low end torqe, you really have to ring the power out of it, it would be frustrating to drive with an auto. Overall a very good car.

Great Car !!
By Soneji on 09/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

It's a great car to buy. A low maintenance car which is reasonably priced and delivers value for money. Presently reads 102,000.

PLEASANTLY SUPRISED!
By LadyMandy on 08/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

Reliable and fun to drive car