Used 1994 Nissan Sentra Coupe Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Nissan Sentra Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

reliable transportation
By joseph

1994 Nissan Sentra Coupe Limited 2dr Coupe (1994.5)

Great gas mileage . fun too drive and reliable.

I Love My Sentra
By Killkare

1994 Nissan Sentra Coupe XE 2dr Coupe

This car was handed down to me from my father. We purchased it 6 years ago and we couldn't be any happier with the car. I am a teenager and I drive the car to its limits. I enjoy it because it gets me to and from school and work. It does have a lot of rust though, the person before us didn't take very good care of it. I also enjoy the great gas millage I get with it. I'll take 34 mpg over anything else. I get better gas millage then most of these new cars on the road today. I have had some problems with sensors and my clutch switch. But they were cheap and inexpensive items to replace. I expect to run this car until the day it dies. And I have a feeling its going to be a couple more years be 4 it dies.

Gas mileage, reliability, maneuverability.

exterior of the car

The Energizer Bunny of cars
By frogger1

1994 Nissan Sentra Coupe XE 2dr Coupe

Mine has 170,000+ miles on it. It has taken me across the U.S., up and down mountains, across snowy rural roads, through narrow city streets... everywhere! Paint is peeling off, visors torn. What can you expect. It's an older car. I had to replace the alternator, had some brake work done. Transmission fluid leak gave me a big scare but it was only a $300 repair for that. AC doesn't work anymore (in the northwest though, it's usually fine). We'll get a new car eventually... we are waiting for this one die. But the Sentra keeps on going. We might go another year with it.

Wonderful gas mileage (35mpg or more), comfortable seats, reliable, easy to park, reliable starting, roomy trunk, cruise control.

Age related wear and tear. Nothing unusual or overly burdensome considering the great amount of use I've gotten out of it. I love my Nissan Sentra!

Amazing Econobox
By Thad Aaron

1994 Nissan Sentra Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I love this car. Best used car I bought after 1980. This 118,000 mile sentra just goes and goes and goes and.... It still feels very solid and handles well. It starts instantly. Great low speed acceleration-beats most econs at stoplights-ssssh. Mash it at 23 mph and it scats surprisingly. Car was stolen, thieves took great aftermarket stereo and catalytic converter-replacement converter made car even peppier. Ac still ice cold, excellent heater. Automatic transmission is responsive and well designed. Burns no oil, only significant repair was alternator replacement. Roomy, comfortable, durable interior. Great visability. Large trunk. Decent ride. Good vehicle and purchase, highly recommended!

Reliability, durability, gas mileage, AC, performance, controls, cruise control, low upkeep and a pleasure to drive and own. Dashboard hasn't deteriorated or cracked in CA sun. A VERY SMART USED CAR PURCHASE.

Darker tinted windows. Really, how could I ask for more in a used car in this price range?

It just runs and runs and runs ...
By radiobum

1994 Nissan Sentra Coupe E 2dr Coupe

This is by far the most economical car I have ever owned! My sister bought this Sentra new and sold it to me with 100k miles on it in 2000. I've driven it over another 100k and it just runs and runs. Always starts on the first try, will cruise comfortably at 80+ MPH all day long and gets 35-40 MPG depending on how hard I push it. It's unconditionally reliable. Give it regular oil and filter changes and it just runs and runs. I use it for work, driving 100-200 miles a day including driving up dirt roads to mountaintop radio sites and it just won't quit.

Fun to drive on twisty roads. Cruises great on freeways. Heater and A/C are excellent. 1.6L engine has enough power for me, never gets hot no matter how hard I push it and at 208k has needed nothing except routine maintenance.

The burgundy paint clearcoat started peeling about 5 years ago and looks pretty ratty now. I may have to break down and get it repainted, as I plan to keep this car for a while yet. Trunk has a slight water leak that I haven't been able to eliminate.