1994 Nissan Sentra Consumer Review: looks like a paper boat, but r

1994 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Review

looks like a paper boat, but runs great!
By Andrew on

1994 Nissan Sentra Limited 4dr Sedan (1994.5)

I bought my 94 Sentra with 119,000 miles as a get-to-work car, and have had problems only with wearable items. The clutch was replaced at 125,000 miles, brakes cleaned and one slow leak in a tire but other than that no problems. Put some work into it to get better perfomance, but it only does so much for the little engine. Gas mileage is excellent. I get roughly 40 MPG in 5th. Handles good in the snow. I drive this car without mercy, it hasn't faltered yet. I've put over 17,000 miles on it in six months and it holds up good. Oil changes are very easy, many original parts still under the hood holding up great. Basic maintenance is all i need, i.e. oil change, coolant, etc. Awesome little car!

Favorite Features

Manual transmission uses well chosen gear ratios. The driver's seat is very comfortable, the cup holders are in perfect reach. The cruise control is definitely the favorite feature.

Suggested Improvements

Side mirrors could be a little bit larger, and the manual shifter could be smoother. The exterior design could be a little less boxy.