It just runs and runs and runs ...
By radiobum on
1994 Nissan Sentra E 2dr Coupe
This is by far the most economical car I have ever owned! My sister bought this Sentra new and sold it to me with 100k miles on it in 2000. I've driven it over another 100k and it just runs and runs. Always starts on the first try, will cruise comfortably at 80+ MPH all day long and gets 35-40 MPG depending on how hard I push it. It's unconditionally reliable. Give it regular oil and filter changes and it just runs and runs. I use it for work, driving 100-200 miles a day including driving up dirt roads to mountaintop radio sites and it just won't quit.
Favorite Features
Fun to drive on twisty roads. Cruises great on freeways. Heater and A/C are excellent. 1.6L engine has enough power for me, never gets hot no matter how hard I push it and at 208k has needed nothing except routine maintenance.
Suggested Improvements
The burgundy paint clearcoat started peeling about 5 years ago and looks pretty ratty now. I may have to break down and get it repainted, as I plan to keep this car for a while yet. Trunk has a slight water leak that I haven't been able to eliminate.