Used 1994 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

1994 Nissan Sentra

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

looks like a paper boat, but runs great!
By Andrew

1994 Nissan Sentra Limited 4dr Sedan (1994.5)

I bought my 94 Sentra with 119,000 miles as a get-to-work car, and have had problems only with wearable items. The clutch was replaced at 125,000 miles, brakes cleaned and one slow leak in a tire but other than that no problems. Put some work into it to get better perfomance, but it only does so much for the little engine. Gas mileage is excellent. I get roughly 40 MPG in 5th. Handles good in the snow. I drive this car without mercy, it hasn't faltered yet. I've put over 17,000 miles on it in six months and it holds up good. Oil changes are very easy, many original parts still under the hood holding up great. Basic maintenance is all i need, i.e. oil change, coolant, etc. Awesome little car!

Favorite Features

Manual transmission uses well chosen gear ratios. The driver's seat is very comfortable, the cup holders are in perfect reach. The cruise control is definitely the favorite feature.

Suggested Improvements

Side mirrors could be a little bit larger, and the manual shifter could be smoother. The exterior design could be a little less boxy.

1994 1/2 Nissan Sentra-LE
By Gerry Walter

1994 Nissan Sentra Limited 4dr Sedan (1994.5)

I have enjoyed my Nissan Sentra LS so much that for the first time in my life I have kept the same car for 11 years. It is fun to drive, comfortable, and has a very small turning radius. The brakes had to be replaced sooner than I anticipated, but overall I had few problems mechanically. The refrigeration and heating systems are still topnotch.

Favorite Features

Power windows and door locks including childproof locks on both. Guage positioning. Overall look of the car.

Suggested Improvements

If it hasn't been improved, the body integrity of small items such as rolled door insulating foam strips coming loose. Brakes.

10 year max life
By Kay

1994 Nissan Sentra Limited 4dr Sedan (1994.5)

After my car was almost 10 years old, the paint began to peel and my visor had a worn spot. I was very attached to my car, but no more! The last 4 months have cost me about $300 each month! That is a car payment. I keep thinking "after this is fixed, I have another year" but that is WRONG! I am heartbroken after the care and maintenance I paid for!

Favorite Features

I love the seat's lower lumbar support. I have yet to sit in a more perfect and comfortable seat...and I've been in a lot of cars!

Suggested Improvements

The cup holders are in a horrible place. The only other external feature is the paint having a 10 year life. The parts have just worn out!

Wonderful, reliable car
By Linda

1994 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1994 Nissan Sentra in 1998 with 69,000 miles on it. It now has over 145,000 miles. I rarely ever have to do any maintenance on it, other than the regular oil changes, etc. I've had to replace the battery (after owning it for 5 years), and I did have to replace the CV joints, but other than that, I just put gas in it and it goes and goes. Also...about the gas mileage...I get 32 miles to the gallon. I think that's pretty good! I have thought about selling it for a newer car (mine does not have PW or PL), but I'm afraid that I could never find something as reliable as this one has been for me.

Favorite Features

Reliability, economy, small size (I agree with one of the previous reviews...I can park in tight spaces and cut people off, if need be). :)

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a larger back seat. I'm lucky I get to sit in the driver's seat, because at 5'9, I don't fit in the back seat too comfortably, especially with a tall driver in front of me. A center console or arm rest would be nice as well.

It just runs forever
By boruch hashem

1994 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

We bought this car with 55,000 miles on it, and now it has 167,000. It just runs and runs. We have a car to get us where we need to go and carry our packages. Nice big trunk, 4 doors, and we change the oil and that is basically it. If we could find another one, we would buy it. Practical, smart, reliable, and a great car. Before we bought it, we researched it and the reports said to expect 250,000 miles. I recommend this to anyone who wants a reliable and practical car and is not caught up with trying to keep up with the Joneses.

Favorite Features

Wonderful reliability and practical. Easy to drive and park and just keeps running.

Suggested Improvements

They need to make these as new cars again. I would buy one.