1994 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
The indestructible Sentra!
By JMuldrow on 10/19/06 13:52 PM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Sentra Limited 4dr Sedan (1994.5)

I bought this car new and it currently has over 210,000 miles. Prior to this purchase, I had two Honda Accords neither of which could hold a candle to the dependability of my Sentra. This car continues to amaze me. I religiously have the oil changed and top off the fluids. The only other maintenance needs have been brake pads and rotors and replacement of the belts. The A/C and heat work as well as the day I bought the car. I've also had no problems with the power windows and locks. This is a tough little car that just keeps going. I couldn't ask for a more dependable automobile that's easy and fun to drive.

not a bad little car...
By Sara on 10/14/06 01:29 AM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Sentra E 4dr Sedan

Not a bad little car for a kid who just needs to get to work and school each day. Great for the occasional road trip too! Good gas mileage, oil leaks are a problem however. This car has been through a lot and is still running great even through the neglect of a teenager! I highly recomend this car for a first time driver!

Great College Car
By Peter on 09/14/06 13:07 PM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

I got his car when my last one died, so it was a last minute decision, and now i can't be happier that i did. Like every one else says you change the oil and it goes. I've had little things done, like a new altanator and seat belt motor, but that is expected with a car that has over 150000 miles on it and is 12 years old! I would reccemend it to anyone looking for a inexpensive car that needs to be reliable.

great safety
By DJarnigan on 07/19/06 07:26 AM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Sentra Limited 4dr Sedan (1994.5)

We purchased the car for the mpg since it was primarly used to & from work & shopping. Even after how old it was we still got on adverage 35 mpg. Coming home it was hit head on by a pontiac grand prix. The engine was still running and had to be turned off. The injury to the driver was a lot less than what was on the other driver with only a broken arm and ankle. We never would have thought that such an economical car would be built so well

40 mpg is Fun!
By Traveler on 07/13/06 10:22 AM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

My 1994 GXE Sentra is the most reliable car I've ever owned! It now has 85,000 miles, and only the alternator, and starter have been replaced, aside from the usual, tires, batteries, and brakes (it eats front disk pads). I have the smaller 1.6 liter, which is adequate, but the 2.0 would have been better in my Rocky Mountain area. 32City/41Hwy without a/c at 65. With a/c about 38mpg highway. Paint still looks great after 12 years. Transmission is smooth. Tip: keep auto in "Drive" for city use (off freeways) for better acceleration, and engine braking if you live in hilly areas. Back seat in/out is very poor, but comfort is OK considering it's a Sentra. My next car will be a newer Sentra!

looks like a paper boat, but runs great!
By Andrew on 02/16/06 19:15 PM (PST)

1994 Nissan Sentra Limited 4dr Sedan (1994.5)

I bought my 94 Sentra with 119,000 miles as a get-to-work car, and have had problems only with wearable items. The clutch was replaced at 125,000 miles, brakes cleaned and one slow leak in a tire but other than that no problems. Put some work into it to get better perfomance, but it only does so much for the little engine. Gas mileage is excellent. I get roughly 40 MPG in 5th. Handles good in the snow. I drive this car without mercy, it hasn't faltered yet. I've put over 17,000 miles on it in six months and it holds up good. Oil changes are very easy, many original parts still under the hood holding up great. Basic maintenance is all i need, i.e. oil change, coolant, etc. Awesome little car!

1994 1/2 Nissan Sentra-LE
By Gerry Walter on 08/23/05 21:36 PM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Sentra Limited 4dr Sedan (1994.5)

I have enjoyed my Nissan Sentra LS so much that for the first time in my life I have kept the same car for 11 years. It is fun to drive, comfortable, and has a very small turning radius. The brakes had to be replaced sooner than I anticipated, but overall I had few problems mechanically. The refrigeration and heating systems are still topnotch.

10 year max life
By Kay on 06/14/05 19:23 PM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Sentra Limited 4dr Sedan (1994.5)

After my car was almost 10 years old, the paint began to peel and my visor had a worn spot. I was very attached to my car, but no more! The last 4 months have cost me about $300 each month! That is a car payment. I keep thinking "after this is fixed, I have another year" but that is WRONG! I am heartbroken after the care and maintenance I paid for!

Wonderful, reliable car
By Linda on 12/28/04 12:33 PM (PST)

1994 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1994 Nissan Sentra in 1998 with 69,000 miles on it. It now has over 145,000 miles. I rarely ever have to do any maintenance on it, other than the regular oil changes, etc. I've had to replace the battery (after owning it for 5 years), and I did have to replace the CV joints, but other than that, I just put gas in it and it goes and goes. Also...about the gas mileage...I get 32 miles to the gallon. I think that's pretty good! I have thought about selling it for a newer car (mine does not have PW or PL), but I'm afraid that I could never find something as reliable as this one has been for me.

It just runs forever
By boruch hashem on 08/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

We bought this car with 55,000 miles on it, and now it has 167,000. It just runs and runs. We have a car to get us where we need to go and carry our packages. Nice big trunk, 4 doors, and we change the oil and that is basically it. If we could find another one, we would buy it. Practical, smart, reliable, and a great car. Before we bought it, we researched it and the reports said to expect 250,000 miles. I recommend this to anyone who wants a reliable and practical car and is not caught up with trying to keep up with the Joneses.