1994 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
The Car that Won't Die.
By zeroptimus on 10/29/12 18:46 PM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Sentra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (1994.5)

This was my first car, back in '05. I was a teenager, and I came with all the neglect and rough riding that teenagers do. With that said, I have abused this car. I have driven it in to ditches, driven without an oil pan plug (25 miles with oil spewing the whole way!), gone almost 2 years with no oil change, and ramped the thing off a hill doing 90mph. The last one flattened the oil pan. And yet, the car put up with my retardation. The worst it has ever needed was new CV joints. Repairs are few and far between, and cheap when you need them. I still have the original engine and tranny, and both are somehow still going. This car will never let you down.

Best $400 car i own A/c Even works
By kj4aqv on 03/18/09 22:00 PM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Sentra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (1994.5)

Wonderful car great on gas 30 miles o the gallon with a/c on. Just put a wheel bearing on the front. I am the 3rd owner and the first owner include all the maintains records, car was serviced every 3000 to 5000 miles wih a new air filter twice a year. Second ower got car from a gift from her sister the first owner and did not maintain the car very good for the year she had it, but she put new rotors and brakes on it and drove it with a bad wheel bearing (ouch) and a oil change probly and that was probly it. Great used price $400.00 for 1994.5 Nissan sentra limited edition. With 175,000 miles and ice cold a/c, who ever heard of a working a/c on a 400 dollar car.

Great First Car
By dljohns43 on 02/24/09 20:34 PM (PST)

1994 Nissan Sentra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (1994.5)

This was the first car I ever bought, and it was a great choice. I have had to repair a lot of things on it, including the clutch, paint, alternator (more than once), locks and a door. Most repairs were needed due to previous owner's neglect, so not all require so many repairs. This car has gotten me through a lot and the gas mileage is by far the best thing about it. I average 35-40 mpg. This is a great car for a teenager, because it can withstand a lot of use and abuse with relatively low repair costs and affordable insurance.

Good Qualtiy
By Kevin on 12/29/08 10:56 AM (PST)

1994 Nissan Sentra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (1994.5)

I bought my Sentra new in 1994. I have always maintained at or before factory recommendations. My Sentra currently has 230,000 miles on it and still runs great. With the exception of an alternator and CV joints haven't had too many problems. I change the brakes regularly (which are cheap) so haven't had to replace rotors yet. Great little car; I plan to hit 250,000 this year.

Great car
By jon on 05/12/08 12:22 PM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Sentra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (1994.5)

This car was purchased used 123000 miles now has 218000 miles and still going strong. Tough little car.. My family said if it still runs with me driving it has to be a great vehicle. Only one problem since purchase, alternator problem. Other than this, can't complain about this little jewel.

The indestructible Sentra!
By JMuldrow on 10/19/06 13:52 PM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Sentra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (1994.5)

I bought this car new and it currently has over 210,000 miles. Prior to this purchase, I had two Honda Accords neither of which could hold a candle to the dependability of my Sentra. This car continues to amaze me. I religiously have the oil changed and top off the fluids. The only other maintenance needs have been brake pads and rotors and replacement of the belts. The A/C and heat work as well as the day I bought the car. I've also had no problems with the power windows and locks. This is a tough little car that just keeps going. I couldn't ask for a more dependable automobile that's easy and fun to drive.

great safety
By DJarnigan on 07/19/06 07:26 AM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Sentra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (1994.5)

We purchased the car for the mpg since it was primarly used to & from work & shopping. Even after how old it was we still got on adverage 35 mpg. Coming home it was hit head on by a pontiac grand prix. The engine was still running and had to be turned off. The injury to the driver was a lot less than what was on the other driver with only a broken arm and ankle. We never would have thought that such an economical car would be built so well

looks like a paper boat, but runs great!
By Andrew on 02/16/06 19:15 PM (PST)

1994 Nissan Sentra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (1994.5)

I bought my 94 Sentra with 119,000 miles as a get-to-work car, and have had problems only with wearable items. The clutch was replaced at 125,000 miles, brakes cleaned and one slow leak in a tire but other than that no problems. Put some work into it to get better perfomance, but it only does so much for the little engine. Gas mileage is excellent. I get roughly 40 MPG in 5th. Handles good in the snow. I drive this car without mercy, it hasn't faltered yet. I've put over 17,000 miles on it in six months and it holds up good. Oil changes are very easy, many original parts still under the hood holding up great. Basic maintenance is all i need, i.e. oil change, coolant, etc. Awesome little car!

1994 1/2 Nissan Sentra-LE
By Gerry Walter on 08/23/05 21:36 PM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Sentra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (1994.5)

I have enjoyed my Nissan Sentra LS so much that for the first time in my life I have kept the same car for 11 years. It is fun to drive, comfortable, and has a very small turning radius. The brakes had to be replaced sooner than I anticipated, but overall I had few problems mechanically. The refrigeration and heating systems are still topnotch.

10 year max life
By Kay on 06/14/05 19:23 PM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Sentra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (1994.5)

After my car was almost 10 years old, the paint began to peel and my visor had a worn spot. I was very attached to my car, but no more! The last 4 months have cost me about $300 each month! That is a car payment. I keep thinking "after this is fixed, I have another year" but that is WRONG! I am heartbroken after the care and maintenance I paid for!