Used 1994 Nissan Sentra Limited (1994.5) Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

1994 Nissan Sentra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

The Car that Won't Die.
By zeroptimus

1994 Nissan Sentra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (1994.5)

This was my first car, back in '05. I was a teenager, and I came with all the neglect and rough riding that teenagers do. With that said, I have abused this car. I have driven it in to ditches, driven without an oil pan plug (25 miles with oil spewing the whole way!), gone almost 2 years with no oil change, and ramped the thing off a hill doing 90mph. The last one flattened the oil pan. And yet, the car put up with my retardation. The worst it has ever needed was new CV joints. Repairs are few and far between, and cheap when you need them. I still have the original engine and tranny, and both are somehow still going. This car will never let you down.

Favorite Features

Air conditioning is so powerful, I have to turn it off for a bit even during the summer (with original freon!). Car is the most dependable thing I have ever seen, and I have put it through some paces. Power everything as far as options go, and the steering is sporty and responsive enough to make it a fun driver. Oh, and the mileage. It easily gets in the 35mpg area, which some cars have trouble achieving that today. Parts are cheap and easy to come by, and the car is simple enough that even I can make some small repairs. A great first car and hopefully my last car.

Suggested Improvements

Heater is lackluster. The engine stays cold during the winter months, so bundle up or freeze. The automatic seatbelts could use a bit more dependability. And if you're bigger, the back seat will not be a comfortable fit.

Best $400 car i own A/c Even works
By kj4aqv

1994 Nissan Sentra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (1994.5)

Wonderful car great on gas 30 miles o the gallon with a/c on. Just put a wheel bearing on the front. I am the 3rd owner and the first owner include all the maintains records, car was serviced every 3000 to 5000 miles wih a new air filter twice a year. Second ower got car from a gift from her sister the first owner and did not maintain the car very good for the year she had it, but she put new rotors and brakes on it and drove it with a bad wheel bearing (ouch) and a oil change probly and that was probly it. Great used price $400.00 for 1994.5 Nissan sentra limited edition. With 175,000 miles and ice cold a/c, who ever heard of a working a/c on a 400 dollar car.

Favorite Features

runs smooth, the automatic seat belts

Suggested Improvements

More power for the hills + the a/c on at the same time.

Great First Car
By dljohns43

1994 Nissan Sentra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (1994.5)

This was the first car I ever bought, and it was a great choice. I have had to repair a lot of things on it, including the clutch, paint, alternator (more than once), locks and a door. Most repairs were needed due to previous owner's neglect, so not all require so many repairs. This car has gotten me through a lot and the gas mileage is by far the best thing about it. I average 35-40 mpg. This is a great car for a teenager, because it can withstand a lot of use and abuse with relatively low repair costs and affordable insurance.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, low cost maintenance, reliable transportation

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders, some electrical malfunctions, some interior designs have not held up over time

Good Qualtiy
By Kevin

1994 Nissan Sentra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (1994.5)

I bought my Sentra new in 1994. I have always maintained at or before factory recommendations. My Sentra currently has 230,000 miles on it and still runs great. With the exception of an alternator and CV joints haven't had too many problems. I change the brakes regularly (which are cheap) so haven't had to replace rotors yet. Great little car; I plan to hit 250,000 this year.

Favorite Features

Good design

Suggested Improvements

A little under powered.

Great car
By jon

1994 Nissan Sentra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (1994.5)

This car was purchased used 123000 miles now has 218000 miles and still going strong. Tough little car.. My family said if it still runs with me driving it has to be a great vehicle. Only one problem since purchase, alternator problem. Other than this, can't complain about this little jewel.