Used 1994 Nissan Sentra GXE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

40 mpg is Fun!
By Traveler

1994 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

My 1994 GXE Sentra is the most reliable car I've ever owned! It now has 85,000 miles, and only the alternator, and starter have been replaced, aside from the usual, tires, batteries, and brakes (it eats front disk pads). I have the smaller 1.6 liter, which is adequate, but the 2.0 would have been better in my Rocky Mountain area. 32City/41Hwy without a/c at 65. With a/c about 38mpg highway. Paint still looks great after 12 years. Transmission is smooth. Tip: keep auto in "Drive" for city use (off freeways) for better acceleration, and engine braking if you live in hilly areas. Back seat in/out is very poor, but comfort is OK considering it's a Sentra. My next car will be a newer Sentra!

Spunky, fuel efficient engine Nice appearance. A/C cools the interior in about 2 minutes! Reliable except for brakes, and electrical components. "American made" in Tennessee. Fun to drive...like a go-kart around mountain hairpins! If you live in, or west of the Rockies, get bigger engines!

More power. More rear seat room, and better in/out. Improve factory original alternator, starters. Both failed under 70,000 miles!