1994 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
The Car that Won't Die.
By zeroptimus on 10/29/12 18:46 PM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Sentra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (1994.5)

This was my first car, back in '05. I was a teenager, and I came with all the neglect and rough riding that teenagers do. With that said, I have abused this car. I have driven it in to ditches, driven without an oil pan plug (25 miles with oil spewing the whole way!), gone almost 2 years with no oil change, and ramped the thing off a hill doing 90mph. The last one flattened the oil pan. And yet, the car put up with my retardation. The worst it has ever needed was new CV joints. Repairs are few and far between, and cheap when you need them. I still have the original engine and tranny, and both are somehow still going. This car will never let you down.

couldn't be happier
By carlovver on 05/10/12 12:39 PM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car in thinking it would only last me a year, ha, was I wrong. I started with 88k and it currently has 173k and still running strong. My only major repairs were a clutch replacement, front driver wheel bearing, and water pump. Aside from normal maintenance this car will not give up! It is my daily driver (gets around 30mpg on the highway) and if I could buy another one with low miles I would do it in a heartbeat.

Great little car!
By hellooonurse on 02/07/12 18:47 PM (PST)

1994 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

This older model Sentra has been such a reliable car. I bought it when I was in college at 110k miles on it and drove it the 300 miles back and forth between my hometown and college for 2 years, and at that point it was already 13-14 years old! Does great on the interstate. The only thing I didn't like about it was it doesn't have a lot of "get up n' go" when accelerating and it tends to lose momentum/power when going up hills, especially when there is more than 2 people in the car. Like every car, there's mechanical work to be done. I have replaced the fuel filter, fuel pump 3x in the 5 years that I have owned it. Nothing else major. Overall, super good, reliable little car. Loved it.

Just wont die
By james on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

This has been a relatively low cost car to own. It gets 30+ mpg when driven normally. The smaller engine makes it tough especially when the car looses quite a bit of speed when climbing hills. It just keeps going. Ours has 183k miles and a cousin has one with 250k miles.

Great Car
By Derrick on 04/09/10 18:59 PM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car back in Nov 2007 with 185,000 miles on it. I now have 223,000 it and the car is still running great. I am the 2nd owner of this car the 1st owner took great care of it and I have also been taking good car of it also. I paid $1100 for this car but the car easily paid for itself when gas price got high in 08 this car was still getting 35 miles to the gallon. I have had to replace a couple parts such as the alternator, front disk and pads, thermostat, tires. But I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a reliable work car. I drive it 64 miles total round trip everyday 5 days a week. I look forward to seeing at least 300,000 miles on this car. Best car Nissan ever built.

Good little car
By Richard on 09/04/09 08:01 AM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

I have had my sentra for 6 years now and its a good reliable car. Major repairs was a rebuilt engine my fault there I had an oil leak and I did not fill it or got it fixed like I should have. And I had to have the tranny rebuilt a few years ago again due to a tranny leak.. 116,000 when I bought it and now at 154,00 running goo...Just have to make sure its properly maintained. I'm 6'2 tall and the car is not made to accommodate tall people.

Best $400 car i own A/c Even works
By kj4aqv on 03/18/09 22:00 PM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Sentra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (1994.5)

Wonderful car great on gas 30 miles o the gallon with a/c on. Just put a wheel bearing on the front. I am the 3rd owner and the first owner include all the maintains records, car was serviced every 3000 to 5000 miles wih a new air filter twice a year. Second ower got car from a gift from her sister the first owner and did not maintain the car very good for the year she had it, but she put new rotors and brakes on it and drove it with a bad wheel bearing (ouch) and a oil change probly and that was probly it. Great used price $400.00 for 1994.5 Nissan sentra limited edition. With 175,000 miles and ice cold a/c, who ever heard of a working a/c on a 400 dollar car.

Great First Car
By dljohns43 on 02/24/09 20:34 PM (PST)

1994 Nissan Sentra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (1994.5)

This was the first car I ever bought, and it was a great choice. I have had to repair a lot of things on it, including the clutch, paint, alternator (more than once), locks and a door. Most repairs were needed due to previous owner's neglect, so not all require so many repairs. This car has gotten me through a lot and the gas mileage is by far the best thing about it. I average 35-40 mpg. This is a great car for a teenager, because it can withstand a lot of use and abuse with relatively low repair costs and affordable insurance.

Good Qualtiy
By Kevin on 12/29/08 10:56 AM (PST)

1994 Nissan Sentra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (1994.5)

I bought my Sentra new in 1994. I have always maintained at or before factory recommendations. My Sentra currently has 230,000 miles on it and still runs great. With the exception of an alternator and CV joints haven't had too many problems. I change the brakes regularly (which are cheap) so haven't had to replace rotors yet. Great little car; I plan to hit 250,000 this year.

Great car
By jon on 05/12/08 12:22 PM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Sentra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (1994.5)

This car was purchased used 123000 miles now has 218000 miles and still going strong. Tough little car.. My family said if it still runs with me driving it has to be a great vehicle. Only one problem since purchase, alternator problem. Other than this, can't complain about this little jewel.

1 2 3 4 5 next »