1994 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
The Car that Won't Die.
By zeroptimus on 10/29/12 18:46 PM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Sentra Limited 4dr Sedan (1994.5)

This was my first car, back in '05. I was a teenager, and I came with all the neglect and rough riding that teenagers do. With that said, I have abused this car. I have driven it in to ditches, driven without an oil pan plug (25 miles with oil spewing the whole way!), gone almost 2 years with no oil change, and ramped the thing off a hill doing 90mph. The last one flattened the oil pan. And yet, the car put up with my retardation. The worst it has ever needed was new CV joints. Repairs are few and far between, and cheap when you need them. I still have the original engine and tranny, and both are somehow still going. This car will never let you down.

couldn't be happier
By carlovver on 05/10/12 12:39 PM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car in thinking it would only last me a year, ha, was I wrong. I started with 88k and it currently has 173k and still running strong. My only major repairs were a clutch replacement, front driver wheel bearing, and water pump. Aside from normal maintenance this car will not give up! It is my daily driver (gets around 30mpg on the highway) and if I could buy another one with low miles I would do it in a heartbeat.

Great little car!
By hellooonurse on 02/07/12 18:47 PM (PST)

1994 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

This older model Sentra has been such a reliable car. I bought it when I was in college at 110k miles on it and drove it the 300 miles back and forth between my hometown and college for 2 years, and at that point it was already 13-14 years old! Does great on the interstate. The only thing I didn't like about it was it doesn't have a lot of "get up n' go" when accelerating and it tends to lose momentum/power when going up hills, especially when there is more than 2 people in the car. Like every car, there's mechanical work to be done. I have replaced the fuel filter, fuel pump 3x in the 5 years that I have owned it. Nothing else major. Overall, super good, reliable little car. Loved it.

Just wont die
By james on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

This has been a relatively low cost car to own. It gets 30+ mpg when driven normally. The smaller engine makes it tough especially when the car looses quite a bit of speed when climbing hills. It just keeps going. Ours has 183k miles and a cousin has one with 250k miles.

Great Car
By Derrick on 04/09/10 18:59 PM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car back in Nov 2007 with 185,000 miles on it. I now have 223,000 it and the car is still running great. I am the 2nd owner of this car the 1st owner took great care of it and I have also been taking good car of it also. I paid $1100 for this car but the car easily paid for itself when gas price got high in 08 this car was still getting 35 miles to the gallon. I have had to replace a couple parts such as the alternator, front disk and pads, thermostat, tires. But I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a reliable work car. I drive it 64 miles total round trip everyday 5 days a week. I look forward to seeing at least 300,000 miles on this car. Best car Nissan ever built.

I Love My Sentra
By Killkare on 02/17/10 08:48 AM (PST)

1994 Nissan Sentra XE 2dr Coupe

This car was handed down to me from my father. We purchased it 6 years ago and we couldn't be any happier with the car. I am a teenager and I drive the car to its limits. I enjoy it because it gets me to and from school and work. It does have a lot of rust though, the person before us didn't take very good care of it. I also enjoy the great gas millage I get with it. I'll take 34 mpg over anything else. I get better gas millage then most of these new cars on the road today. I have had some problems with sensors and my clutch switch. But they were cheap and inexpensive items to replace. I expect to run this car until the day it dies. And I have a feeling its going to be a couple more years be 4 it dies.

The Energizer Bunny of cars
By frogger1 on 12/12/09 13:02 PM (PST)

1994 Nissan Sentra XE 2dr Coupe

Mine has 170,000+ miles on it. It has taken me across the U.S., up and down mountains, across snowy rural roads, through narrow city streets... everywhere! Paint is peeling off, visors torn. What can you expect. It's an older car. I had to replace the alternator, had some brake work done. Transmission fluid leak gave me a big scare but it was only a $300 repair for that. AC doesn't work anymore (in the northwest though, it's usually fine). We'll get a new car eventually... we are waiting for this one die. But the Sentra keeps on going. We might go another year with it.

Good little car
By Richard on 09/04/09 08:01 AM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

I have had my sentra for 6 years now and its a good reliable car. Major repairs was a rebuilt engine my fault there I had an oil leak and I did not fill it or got it fixed like I should have. And I had to have the tranny rebuilt a few years ago again due to a tranny leak.. 116,000 when I bought it and now at 154,00 running goo...Just have to make sure its properly maintained. I'm 6'2 tall and the car is not made to accommodate tall people.

Amazing Econobox
By Thad Aaron on 08/17/09 17:06 PM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Sentra SE 2dr Coupe

I love this car. Best used car I bought after 1980. This 118,000 mile sentra just goes and goes and goes and.... It still feels very solid and handles well. It starts instantly. Great low speed acceleration-beats most econs at stoplights-ssssh. Mash it at 23 mph and it scats surprisingly. Car was stolen, thieves took great aftermarket stereo and catalytic converter-replacement converter made car even peppier. Ac still ice cold, excellent heater. Automatic transmission is responsive and well designed. Burns no oil, only significant repair was alternator replacement. Roomy, comfortable, durable interior. Great visability. Large trunk. Decent ride. Good vehicle and purchase, highly recommended!

Best $400 car i own A/c Even works
By kj4aqv on 03/18/09 22:00 PM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Sentra Limited 4dr Sedan (1994.5)

Wonderful car great on gas 30 miles o the gallon with a/c on. Just put a wheel bearing on the front. I am the 3rd owner and the first owner include all the maintains records, car was serviced every 3000 to 5000 miles wih a new air filter twice a year. Second ower got car from a gift from her sister the first owner and did not maintain the car very good for the year she had it, but she put new rotors and brakes on it and drove it with a bad wheel bearing (ouch) and a oil change probly and that was probly it. Great used price $400.00 for 1994.5 Nissan sentra limited edition. With 175,000 miles and ice cold a/c, who ever heard of a working a/c on a 400 dollar car.