Used 1994 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Most Helpful|
Decent car but I must've gotten a lemon
By jsraven

1994 Nissan Sentra Limited 4dr Sedan (1994.5)

Everything was fine up until 80K. No expenses other than normal maint. After 80K things started to go wrong. The front springs broke ($1800). I found out that '95 Sentras had a recall due to defective springs but my 94.5 Sentra was not covered (go figure?). Thermostat broke, no heat ($165), oil leaks developed in 3 places (head, main seal and oil pressure sending unit). All together I put about $3200 into the car over a period of 1 year.

Favorite Features

Power everything, 5 speed.

Suggested Improvements

better shifting mechanism. It was always very difficult to shift into 3rd and into reverse. Better quality trunk lining (the trunk lining was a big piece of felt glued to the body... very shoddy).

Keep walking!!!!
By Bill Jackson

1994 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

Front crankshaft seal, CV joints, alternator (that failed with no warning light, leaving me stranded), brakes that refuse to be fixed, shifting linkage, possible transmission failure in the making, terrible injector problems...No more Nissans for me. So much for Sentra reliability!!!

Sentra
By meghan

1994 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

My experience with this vehicle was terrible. I am almost positive I had so many problems because the people before me have no concept of car maintenence. There have been 2 different motors put in it other than the one it came with, burns oil, leaks oil, etc.

Favorite Features

It is a 5 speed. Everything was power, locks, windows, etc.

Great College Car
By Peter

1994 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

I got his car when my last one died, so it was a last minute decision, and now i can't be happier that i did. Like every one else says you change the oil and it goes. I've had little things done, like a new altanator and seat belt motor, but that is expected with a car that has over 150000 miles on it and is 12 years old! I would reccemend it to anyone looking for a inexpensive car that needs to be reliable.

Favorite Features

industructabule engine

Suggested Improvements

better exterior desgin, nicer interiors, better seats, an arm rest, the list goes on, but what do you expect its cheep and ugly but it least it runs!

not a bad little car...
By Sara

1994 Nissan Sentra E 4dr Sedan

Not a bad little car for a kid who just needs to get to work and school each day. Great for the occasional road trip too! Good gas mileage, oil leaks are a problem however. This car has been through a lot and is still running great even through the neglect of a teenager! I highly recomend this car for a first time driver!

Favorite Features

I'm a blonde, so I love that it beeps at me every time I forget to turn something off when I leave the car. The window's lock is also a nice feature.

Suggested Improvements

Gears easily shift from drive to neutral and back. I think the lock on the gear stick has worn out, so improvements on the lifespan of that lock are needed!