My best friend
By JaneX on
1993 Nissan Sentra SE 2dr Coupe
My sister talked me into buying this car from her. not what I wanted at the time, but I soon fell completely in love with it. I put 50,000 miles on it (now has 175,000) & it has always gotten about 32/37 mpg city/highway. Replaced clutch (just over $500)CV joints(about $200) & headlight switch ($150), but that was all after 125000 miles & was well worth it. Love this car, rides so smooth despite the beating I have given it (a year of backroads, only changed oil 2x, never maintenanced it once!), just asks for more. Lots of power & kick for a 4- cylinder, handles great & eats up curves. Have to trade it for a 4dr since I had my son, but it makes me cry to let it go :( Bottom line: FUN!!!!!
Favorite Features
Lots of kick; great power going up hills; smooth, steady handling - feels like you become a part of the car, it's so smooth and comfortable! Reliable, never quits or complains, gives plenty of warning when there's a needed repair coming up; will never just drop dead on the road & leave you stranded!
Suggested Improvements
Cupholders are in the way of the controls for the heater/ac, corners of the windshield never completely defrost, fan only works on high after after awhile (according to my sister, it started this pretty early on). Still, the best car I have ever driven! (and I've test-driven a LOT)