1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R - Consumer Reviews

SE-R 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (6 reviews )
Fun!
By campman on 07/18/10 22:49 PM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 2dr Coupe

It is really fun to drive. Hands down the fastest and most fun car I have ever had or driven. I don't get very good city gas mileage but highway is great. If you see one in good condition buy it. Mine has 205,000 miles and still runs like new. The ride is very comfy. I get compliments all the time from people who ride or drive my car. They don't expect to be that fast. Buy it you won't regret it!

A Great Car with Great Potential
By Elliot on 01/21/10 16:03 PM (PST)

1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 2dr Coupe

This was my first car, and I am its third owner. The SR20DE engine surprised me with it's great acceleration. Its quite a big engine for such a small car. Also its gearbox is wonderful, its gearing is very sporty. There's a pretty considerable aftermarket for the sentra se-r, so I've had no problem finding ways to improve its performance. The original engine was ruined due to a part mixup at the local Nissan dealer in which they sold me the wrong oil filter (it popped off while driving and oil starvation ruined the main bearings) so I swapped in an SR20DET. Its basically the same engine, but with a turbo straight from the factory. It fit perfectly. Now I have a sentra with ~250 horsepower.

Its a sleeper!
By BigGuy on 06/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 2dr Coupe

This little car gets up and goes, not bad for a "economy" car. It'll beat most of those fast looking cars and it still gets 30 mpg when you want to be civil. A little bit of a tight fit, I'm 6'2 250, otherwise no complaints.

This car simply rocks!!!
By trout on 11/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 2dr Coupe

What can I say? There is and never was a better compact sold in the U.S. then the Sentra SE-R. Inexpensive, yet outdrives cars twice it price. That SR20DE motor is remarkable on its own, and has the capacity to be even better. The shifter finds its own way to the gears as if subject to divine intervention. Plain exterior doesn't attract the wrong type of attention either. Love this car!!

I like my Sentra
By abizzell on 11/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 2dr Coupe

I have had the vehicle a while now. As of 11/2/02 I am almost at 150,000 miles and have not needed any major work on it. It's close to the most dependable car I have ever owned.

Couldn't be a better car!
By mcarver on 07/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in college mainly because of the reviews in Car & Driver. This is the perfect sleeper. It could outrun almost anything on the road at the time including the Mustang GT, Probe, Miata, 240SX... all for $13,000! I have had the car for almost 10 years and still love it. I could not have made a better choice. If you can find one in good shape, it will not let you down.