Used 1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R - Consumer Reviews

SE-R 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (6 reviews )

Fun!
By campman

1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 2dr Coupe

It is really fun to drive. Hands down the fastest and most fun car I have ever had or driven. I don't get very good city gas mileage but highway is great. If you see one in good condition buy it. Mine has 205,000 miles and still runs like new. The ride is very comfy. I get compliments all the time from people who ride or drive my car. They don't expect to be that fast. Buy it you won't regret it!

the performance!

get an aftermarket speakers and cd player. put some aftermarket performance parts on and it is worth it. oh and if you have kids it is a little small.

A Great Car with Great Potential
By Elliot

1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 2dr Coupe

This was my first car, and I am its third owner. The SR20DE engine surprised me with it's great acceleration. Its quite a big engine for such a small car. Also its gearbox is wonderful, its gearing is very sporty. There's a pretty considerable aftermarket for the sentra se-r, so I've had no problem finding ways to improve its performance. The original engine was ruined due to a part mixup at the local Nissan dealer in which they sold me the wrong oil filter (it popped off while driving and oil starvation ruined the main bearings) so I swapped in an SR20DET. Its basically the same engine, but with a turbo straight from the factory. It fit perfectly. Now I have a sentra with ~250 horsepower.

SR20DET engine, sporty gearbox, light weight, distinguished yet covert "econobox" styling, good handling, Nissan parts compatibility (NX2000 front brake upgrade, Maxima rear brake upgrade, SR20DET engine swap), healthy aftermarket support, easy car to work on, lots of room in back seats and trunk.

Poor clear-coat quality, flexy chassis, interior plastic parts begin to rattle with age, steering wheel adjustment.

Its a sleeper!
By BigGuy

1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 2dr Coupe

This little car gets up and goes, not bad for a "economy" car. It'll beat most of those fast looking cars and it still gets 30 mpg when you want to be civil. A little bit of a tight fit, I'm 6'2 250, otherwise no complaints.

tranny shifts like butter, engine revs with smoothness and ease, all for next to nothing.

more adjustment on the steering wheel

This car simply rocks!!!
By trout

1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 2dr Coupe

What can I say? There is and never was a better compact sold in the U.S. then the Sentra SE-R. Inexpensive, yet outdrives cars twice it price. That SR20DE motor is remarkable on its own, and has the capacity to be even better. The shifter finds its own way to the gears as if subject to divine intervention. Plain exterior doesn't attract the wrong type of attention either. Love this car!!

Everything!! Especially motor and transmission. Love ripping it at 7500 rpm's, or taking it easy and getting 30 mpg.

My only complaint is the seats, because though quite grippy for an average size human being, like many americans I am a little bigger. Suppose thats my fault, so I guess there are no complaints.

I like my Sentra
By abizzell

1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 2dr Coupe

I have had the vehicle a while now. As of 11/2/02 I am almost at 150,000 miles and have not needed any major work on it. It's close to the most dependable car I have ever owned.

I love the gas mileage. I can fill up on Monday (for around $11.00) and not worry about gas for two weeks.

I have had a few electrical problems, though. Nothing major, but it's a pain to deal with.