Used 1993 Nissan Sentra E Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

High capacity driving
By bryan

1993 Nissan Sentra E 4dr Sedan

Well I am a Rather large man 330 lbs and 6,2" offensive tackle size. LOL., son is 220 and tall, daughter is 6,1" and 200 lbs. Need some rear shocks now- Wonder why? LOL so this vehicle can carry around some pretty heavy loads. Winter I use studded tires. Up and down the bc hills and when it snows at times people are required to use chains. This vehicle just scampers up and down these hills. I'm a great driver but I have to give some credit to this little yet big car. When I purchased it it puffed some smoke. So I kept fresh oil in her. Keep changing the oil. I have put some oil treatments in her too. Still puffs some smoke at lights. LOL. It still keeps ticking.

It keeps going. Keep care of your motor. Fresh oil and filters is the trick. Great fuel economy. Around 600 km to the tank. That's without air conditioner of which mine doesn't work never did since I purchased it. Great get me there and back vehicle. Don't skimp on tires.

Wider and higher door openings. When you get in its great. Too small for me. Better rubber shift covers and door weather stripping.

it is great
By tonya

1993 Nissan Sentra E 4dr Sedan

i owned my nissan for 2 years. when i received my nissan the car had 186,000 miles on it. when i sold it the car had 222,000 miles on it and was still running very well. i am a true believer in owning a nissan. i have a ford escort now and i realize now that it will never be as good to me as my nissan was. i hope in the future to own one again

it run really well. i could hardly tell when the car was on. it got me where i was going with no worries

none

ENERGIZER BUNNY
By Celestine

1993 Nissan Sentra E 4dr Sedan

Bought this car with 143,000 miles on it four years ago after my vehicle was totaled in an accident. Needed an inexpensive but reliable car in a hurry. She keeps going, going, and going. The car has over 200,000 miles on it now. Recently replaced CV joints radiator, and oil gasket. Car has great gas mileage, pick up but does burn a lot of oil. Will keep her until she dies but looking for a roomier vehicle.

First car to take off at a traffic light.

Decent, Reliable Car
By AliasAnon

1993 Nissan Sentra E 4dr Sedan

Very solid, trusty, reliable car - first car I'd ever owend (at age 30!). I had a bare bones "E" model (little engine, manual windows, not even a passenger side mirror!) but it never gave us any real trouble. Bought with about 25k on it and drove it for over 90k miles. Excellent care for puttering about town, driving to the train station, running errands, even going a on a road trip - but only if you were a hard up college age kid :-) Good fuel economy, high 20s MPG, but that comes at a price -- engine is a little skimpy and merging onto the expressway full of SUVs can take a few minutes off your life. Only maintenance issues were routine.

Lack of extras! Really - it made parking on street in urban area very easy.

Would have loved a slightly punchier engine.

A terrific car
By Lee Sen

1993 Nissan Sentra E 4dr Sedan

I got it for two years and it hadn't make me blue yet. It's very easy to go around 35 miles.It's not powerful enough to speed up very fast (1.6L), but once it reaches 50mph and up, it takes very very little effort to keep the speed. In two years, I changed oil every 3000 miles and I only changed the brakes once. I'd like to say it's terrific.

Easy to drive. Little mantainance needed. High reliability.