Used 1993 Nissan Sentra E Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Energizer Bunny
By Nordlander

1993 Nissan Sentra E 2dr Coupe

This is the most reliable car I've ever owned. It just keeps on going and going. My sister bought it new, I bought it from her in 2000 with 100k on it, now it has 215k. Front CV joints last about 100k, cost about $300 to replace, other than that the car has required nothing except routine maintenance. I abused this car terribly for the first 5 years I owned it, taking it up dirt roads to service remote mountaintop transmitter sites, but it never let me down. It runs perfectly, no oil leaks, burns no oil, gets 35 MPG around town, 40 MPG on the highway if I keep my foot out of it. Cruises at 75 MPH all day long without breaking a sweat.

Simple, reliable, cheap transportation. Smooth ride, excellent handling, fun to drive. Great AC/heater/vent system. Humongous trunk for a car of this size.

Clear coat started flaking off 3 years ago and is mostly gone now. Trunk leaks when it rains. Cupholders won't take jumbo drinks and interfere with heating and A/C controls when in use.

Best car ever!
By Whammo77

1993 Nissan Sentra E 2dr Coupe

In 1999, my now-wife and I bought this Sentra used with 80k miles on it. It is now coming up on summer 2008 and this thing still runs like new! This is the most awesome little car! It has 165k miles on it now, and the only thing we have ever done to it is change the oil every 3k miles. We had the CV joints replaced once (expected from a front wheel drive) and replaced one alternator. Nothing else has ever been done to it, and it still runs like new.

The reliability. How many cars can you run up to 165k miles in a span of 15 years and only spend $200 in repairs on?

Don't change anything about the Sentra, Nissan Corp! The Sentra has always been one of the best and most reliable cars out there! This car has been put to the test and has proved its worthiness!

A Car which Aged Decently
By L.E.

1993 Nissan Sentra E 2dr Coupe

Bought this car with 134K miles and now it has 155K. Besides the normal maintenance (brakes, lights, etc) I had the clutch replaced (the cost was not absurd). The engine (original) makes regularly 32 m/g (city/highway) and can run at 70 mph with stability. It does not burn oil and I like the manual transmission. Overall, it is a car which aged decently.

The fuel economy.

I am 6'02", so the interior could have more space.

It keeps going and going
By usroadman

1993 Nissan Sentra E 2dr Coupe

This is the second Sentra that has given me over 175000 miles with very few problems. Early on, within the first 30000 miles, I had to replace 5th gear on the manual transmission and fix a problem with the idle. Since then, just routine maintenance. The gas mileage is still very good, but no where near the 45-55 mpg I used to be able to get out of it. Great in the snow too. It has no problem with New York and Vermont winters, even with 6 - 8 inches of snow on the road. Definitely bare bones, not even a radio when I got mine, but what do you want for under $8000 new.

Reliability, fuel economy, durability. It may not be the sexiest car on the road, but it will get you where you need to go reliably, quickly, and cheaply.

The most reliable car ever!
By TPIII

1993 Nissan Sentra E 2dr Coupe

This is the best vehicle I have ever owned. I purchased it ten years ago for $7400 and have had only one problem with the starter in the third year of ownership, which was covered under the warranty. Since then it has been smooth sailing at 33 MPG. I bought it because my Toyota was stolen and this was the best car for the money. It turned out better than the Toyota which I had owned for 11 years, with many more repairs.

The gas mileage, reliability, and pick-up. I love the very peppy, smooth engine.

Better retraction of front seat belts, larger back seat entrance and reduce front brake pad squeakage.