1993 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Energizer Bunny
By Nordlander on 10/31/09 02:02 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Sentra E 2dr Coupe

This is the most reliable car I've ever owned. It just keeps on going and going. My sister bought it new, I bought it from her in 2000 with 100k on it, now it has 215k. Front CV joints last about 100k, cost about $300 to replace, other than that the car has required nothing except routine maintenance. I abused this car terribly for the first 5 years I owned it, taking it up dirt roads to service remote mountaintop transmitter sites, but it never let me down. It runs perfectly, no oil leaks, burns no oil, gets 35 MPG around town, 40 MPG on the highway if I keep my foot out of it. Cruises at 75 MPH all day long without breaking a sweat.

Best car ever!
By Whammo77 on 04/20/08 17:02 PM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Sentra E 2dr Coupe

In 1999, my now-wife and I bought this Sentra used with 80k miles on it. It is now coming up on summer 2008 and this thing still runs like new! This is the most awesome little car! It has 165k miles on it now, and the only thing we have ever done to it is change the oil every 3k miles. We had the CV joints replaced once (expected from a front wheel drive) and replaced one alternator. Nothing else has ever been done to it, and it still runs like new.

A Car which Aged Decently
By L.E. on 01/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Nissan Sentra E 2dr Coupe

Bought this car with 134K miles and now it has 155K. Besides the normal maintenance (brakes, lights, etc) I had the clutch replaced (the cost was not absurd). The engine (original) makes regularly 32 m/g (city/highway) and can run at 70 mph with stability. It does not burn oil and I like the manual transmission. Overall, it is a car which aged decently.

It keeps going and going
By usroadman on 12/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Nissan Sentra E 2dr Coupe

This is the second Sentra that has given me over 175000 miles with very few problems. Early on, within the first 30000 miles, I had to replace 5th gear on the manual transmission and fix a problem with the idle. Since then, just routine maintenance. The gas mileage is still very good, but no where near the 45-55 mpg I used to be able to get out of it. Great in the snow too. It has no problem with New York and Vermont winters, even with 6 - 8 inches of snow on the road. Definitely bare bones, not even a radio when I got mine, but what do you want for under $8000 new.

The most reliable car ever!
By TPIII on 06/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Sentra E 2dr Coupe

This is the best vehicle I have ever owned. I purchased it ten years ago for $7400 and have had only one problem with the starter in the third year of ownership, which was covered under the warranty. Since then it has been smooth sailing at 33 MPG. I bought it because my Toyota was stolen and this was the best car for the money. It turned out better than the Toyota which I had owned for 11 years, with many more repairs.

More than 151,000 miles,original engine
By Paul from P.R. on 11/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Nissan Sentra E 2dr Coupe

This car responds to routine maintenance in hot weather, it has been fun to drive for more than 151,000 miles, the a/t has an on/off switch and is easy to measure and drain its oil, able to return more than 31 mpg all the time with a/c off, seems to be able to last for more than 200,000 miles without major problems. I hope so.....