Used 1992 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Best car ever owned
By bobby62914

1992 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

My 1992 Nissan Sentra, bought used with 96,000 miles on it, has been the best car I have ever owned. It currently has over 225,000 miles on it. I have replaced the fuel pump twice and the alternator once. The CV joint on one side was replaced at 185,000 miles and I am going to replace the other side within the month. The A/C blows cold and everything except the cassette player works as new. It is responsive and holds the road well. It will travel at 90 MPH all day long. It does occasionally require a quart of oil between changes, which are done every 5,000 miles.

Comfort, acceleration, reliability and layout of controls.

Sell me another one.

love this car even after 12 years
By murphy

1992 Nissan Sentra XE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car for its value, but it has been extreamly dependable even with its 180,000 miles. Any time I have had a repair or maintenance mechanics can't belive I still have orginal parts. I will most definitaly stick with the sentra even when buying a new care in the next year.

Still Loved 12 Years Later
By sh30892

1992 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

I bought the car at about 2 years old, and was slightly nervous about a car with 47K miles, even if they were from an all-highway commute. Now almost 100,000 miles later the engine still runs silky smooth. I might expect this if I had had to do major repairs along the way, but I haven't. Never needed anything but oil changes, 30,000m scheduled tune-up, and new tires. Interior dash and controls still look and feel new at 12 years old (I did maintain with Armor All).

All around nice car to own
By Burnie J

1992 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

This car has been very dependable. A little lacking on the miles-to-the gal., but it is an uncommonly quick 4 cyl. with a respectable gas consumption. I like go when the light turns green, not wait to reach the speed limit at the next stop light, like many 4 cyl. of the past.

I like the soild feeling of the car. A 1991 Escourt I owned scared me when I was driving. The roof of the Escourt would cave-in during car washes! Not this car, it passed that test over and over again.

The only two suggests I have for improving this car: 1. is the seating. It needs more adjustablity for the driver. 2. The back seat to fold down, for a speaker box to point into the cabin from the trunk.

sentra se-r
By Michael Hall

1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R 2dr Coupe

awsome car fun to drive rewarding to the inexperienced driver good gas mileage good build quality.

engine and body style