1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R - Consumer Reviews

SE-R 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (8 reviews )
SE-R
By Freddie on 04/13/10 01:57 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 2dr Coupe

Bought the can new in 1992. It was the cat's meow in it's day. It still have the car with only 98K miles on it. I spent a lot of time over seas. The only problems I have had were with the brakes that seem to have a course sound when applied. The seal around the tail lights leak and I can't seem to fix it. There is also a leak around the sun roof and wind shield or fire wall. Can't seem to find the source of any of the leaks. I can't let go of it though. Love?

1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R
By Kunkun on 09/06/07 23:16 PM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 2dr Coupe

This car is fun to drive. Light weight, sharp handling, high revving. This car is the perfect sleeper. Revving the motor to 7,500 revs sounds and feels good. The SR20DE motor doesn't dissapoint. You get great gas mileage on it, too.

the SERious sentra!
By Tavel on 08/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 2dr Coupe

This car is an amazing little machine. I bought mine used with 184,000 miles on it...and it runs like brand new! The SR20 is an incredibly durable engine. It handles very well(good for crowded parking lots) and can blow the doors off almost anything stock(good for merging on the highway). Its a sleeper, so its invisible to cops, and its got nissan quality. with 184,000 miles on it i've had the following mechanical failures. - - - as you can see, its a very tough car. Its hard to keep the wheels stuck to the street in acceleration(love that engine) and it shifts smooth as butter. and the rev-limiter is great, kept me from blowing my engine once.

sentra se-r
By Michael Hall on 05/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 2dr Coupe

awsome car fun to drive rewarding to the inexperienced driver good gas mileage good build quality.

Genre definition of its generation
By Jim92SE-R on 08/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 2dr Coupe

My SE-R has been flogged on road course lapping days, autocrosses, and everything in between with no complaint. The plain sedan shape is low on the radar, but it's high on utility. Real duality - the car has a high-strung nature that's easy to indulge. Brisk driving on backroads is a delight. A shame that clean examples are getting harder to find.

Great car; a rare find
By tpatru on 08/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 2dr Coupe

This car is great. It has great performance, needs low maintenance, and will last forever no matter how you drive it. Mine has 220k miles, doesn't use any oil, and can make up to 44mpg on the highway. I had to replace 5th gear on the trans recently, but I guess something has to give on a car this great.

The quintessential pocket rocket
By B13 on 06/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used after reading about in Car & Driver and Motor Trend. I runs the 1/4 in less than 16 sec. and still gets over 30 mpg. The SR20DE engine is what sets it apart. It idles smoothly yet redlines @ 7500 rpm, and unlike Honda engines, it has torque! Looks like your typical Sentra, which means it's great for surprising people at stoplights. I love it!

se-r
By dasdad@asda.com on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 2dr Coupe

great little car, for price...