Used 1992 Nissan Sentra XE Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

1992 Nissan Sentra Coupe

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

fun to drive
By aaron

1992 Nissan Sentra Coupe XE 2dr Coupe

GREAT LITTLE CAR!! fun to drive. engine is very responsive. i eat hondas all day with this car. (stock) although there is a problem. when the fuel runs low it tends to buck taking of in 1st. I don't know if its the pump or injectors. other than that runs like a charm! i wish the steering was a bit softer though. id recommend this car for anybody. since i got it i changed both cv joints, clutch kit, oil, all the leaks and the head gasket. about $1,000 (more than i bought it for) lol

Favorite Features

engine, its a fast sporty little car

Suggested Improvements

the suspension compents are pretty lousy the bad cambers are wearing out my tires :(

Great college car
By Vincent

1992 Nissan Sentra Coupe XE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car from a co-worker before I went to college. The car had about 60,000 miles on it. It ran great. It is easy on gas. I get about 34 mpg highway and 28 mpg city. The car is very reliable and a real do-it-yourself car when it comes to maintenance. I changed the alternator and thermostat myself in addition to the plugs. The timing chain is fine just as long as you keep the oil changed on a regular basis. I still have the car, but I just use it as a road runner now. I went out and bought a Nissan Frontier and it is just as reliable.

Favorite Features

Great on gas and four cylinder enginge has some pickup.

Suggested Improvements

Driver's seat can be very uncomfortable on long trips.

Nice Reliable Car
By Nissan4eva

1992 Nissan Sentra Coupe XE 2dr Coupe

Car has been passed down from two older siblings. Been a fairly reliable car over the past 10 years. Fixed quite a bit of everything; but once fixed, car was great. Although it is no beauty, car has attracted the attention of many when it failed in the middle of the road 3x because of gasoline pump problem. Overall, really like the car despite its flaws, no sarcasm intended.

Favorite Features

really fun car to drive. great to spin out in the snow. awesome for jumping ramps. car flies through speed bumps like no other. great for off roading. car is a perfect blend of a hummer and a ferrari and everything i imagine it to be.

Suggested Improvements

gas pump had to be replaced 3x. exhaust system had to replace 3x. need better suspension and struts-currently feels like a tractor. need more reliable starter-had to replace that too. Currently max out at 65 mph without shaking. 0-6 in 30 seconds. should beat a pedestrian merging on the highway

Most relaible car I've ever driven
By Ryan1001

1992 Nissan Sentra Coupe XE 2dr Coupe

My dad bought this car brand new in 1992, I bought it from him in 1998. Between the 2 of us the only things we have had to reaplce is the exhaust (normal), spark plugs and wires (routine), fuel injector (at about 100,000 miles), and the alternator, which was entirely my fault as I compete in car audio competitions and put a lot of strain on the electrical system. The total cost that I've put into the car is less than $300, it is by far the most reliable car I've ever driven or even heard of, I will never think about buying a non-nissan vehicle they are they best you can buy for the money, I also have a nissan 300ZX.

Favorite Features

gas mileage, A/C and heat, both are way better than anyone would ever need.

Suggested Improvements

none

love this car even after 12 years
By murphy

1992 Nissan Sentra Coupe XE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car for its value, but it has been extreamly dependable even with its 180,000 miles. Any time I have had a repair or maintenance mechanics can't belive I still have orginal parts. I will most definitaly stick with the sentra even when buying a new care in the next year.