1992 Nissan Sentra Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
All Cars Should Be As Reliable
By Steve on 05/09/10 10:07 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Sentra Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

... as my '92 Sentra E. Currently have over 247,000k and still peppy due to fuel injected 1.6 engine. Getting 28+ mpg when taking it easy, about 24 mpg when using A/C, still frosty. Really impressed with this car's performance in its 'emeritus' years. Worth buying at any age, if treated well is the epitome of reliability.

fun to drive
By aaron on 11/04/09 08:02 AM (PST)

1992 Nissan Sentra Coupe XE 2dr Coupe

GREAT LITTLE CAR!! fun to drive. engine is very responsive. i eat hondas all day with this car. (stock) although there is a problem. when the fuel runs low it tends to buck taking of in 1st. I don't know if its the pump or injectors. other than that runs like a charm! i wish the steering was a bit softer though. id recommend this car for anybody. since i got it i changed both cv joints, clutch kit, oil, all the leaks and the head gasket. about $1,000 (more than i bought it for) lol

Great college car
By Vincent on 08/29/07 11:17 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Sentra Coupe XE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car from a co-worker before I went to college. The car had about 60,000 miles on it. It ran great. It is easy on gas. I get about 34 mpg highway and 28 mpg city. The car is very reliable and a real do-it-yourself car when it comes to maintenance. I changed the alternator and thermostat myself in addition to the plugs. The timing chain is fine just as long as you keep the oil changed on a regular basis. I still have the car, but I just use it as a road runner now. I went out and bought a Nissan Frontier and it is just as reliable.

WOW!
By Importfan on 05/12/07 19:43 PM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Sentra Coupe E 2dr Coupe

I bought this car from a coworker for a few hundred dollars. It has very high mileage, but it seems to be very reliable so far. There are no leaks or "weird" noises so far. For a high mileage vehicle, it is clean and quick and gets good gas mileage. I would definitely recommend this car. I prefer Hondas but this is a worthy substitute! I am glad that I bought it and look forward to many happy miles.

Nice Reliable Car
By Nissan4eva on 08/12/05 02:42 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Sentra Coupe XE 2dr Coupe

Car has been passed down from two older siblings. Been a fairly reliable car over the past 10 years. Fixed quite a bit of everything; but once fixed, car was great. Although it is no beauty, car has attracted the attention of many when it failed in the middle of the road 3x because of gasoline pump problem. Overall, really like the car despite its flaws, no sarcasm intended.

Most relaible car I've ever driven
By Ryan1001 on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Sentra Coupe XE 2dr Coupe

My dad bought this car brand new in 1992, I bought it from him in 1998. Between the 2 of us the only things we have had to reaplce is the exhaust (normal), spark plugs and wires (routine), fuel injector (at about 100,000 miles), and the alternator, which was entirely my fault as I compete in car audio competitions and put a lot of strain on the electrical system. The total cost that I've put into the car is less than $300, it is by far the most reliable car I've ever driven or even heard of, I will never think about buying a non-nissan vehicle they are they best you can buy for the money, I also have a nissan 300ZX.

Outstanding Vehicle
By Aucknod on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Sentra Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car new in '92 & sold it after a very pleasing 240,000 miles. I definitley got my money worth. I have never had any major repairs. Nissan's mufflers lasted 120,000 miles and the rear breaks NEVER needed to be changed! The motor runs very smooth and I never had any problems starting no matter what the weather had to offer, even -20 F the car never hesitated to start. The only repairs needed to the car were to parts that will eventually wear out after years of use, front brakes, shocks/struts, tires etc. The only minor problems I've had was the cruise control died several years ago and a small annoying water leak.

love this car even after 12 years
By murphy on 04/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Sentra Coupe XE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car for its value, but it has been extreamly dependable even with its 180,000 miles. Any time I have had a repair or maintenance mechanics can't belive I still have orginal parts. I will most definitaly stick with the sentra even when buying a new care in the next year.

excellent
By albacore on 04/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Sentra Coupe XE 2dr Coupe

extremely dependable transportation and economical

A runner
By Anida on 02/22/02 14:04 PM (PST)

1992 Nissan Sentra Coupe XE 2dr Coupe

I have to cover a lot of distance on day to day bases - sometimes up-to 120 miles a day. And when you're far away from familiar places, on a semi-dark freeway - it's good to know that you have a reliable vehicle.