Used 1992 Nissan Sentra Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

1992 Nissan Sentra Coupe

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

All Cars Should Be As Reliable
By Steve

1992 Nissan Sentra Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

... as my '92 Sentra E. Currently have over 247,000k and still peppy due to fuel injected 1.6 engine. Getting 28+ mpg when taking it easy, about 24 mpg when using A/C, still frosty. Really impressed with this car's performance in its 'emeritus' years. Worth buying at any age, if treated well is the epitome of reliability.

Favorite Features

Smooth suspension, quiet interior for base model.

Suggested Improvements

Door mounted shoulder strap a real minus - get slammed in door when aged belts don't retract completely. Cup holders insufficient, poorly placed.

fun to drive
By aaron

1992 Nissan Sentra Coupe XE 2dr Coupe

GREAT LITTLE CAR!! fun to drive. engine is very responsive. i eat hondas all day with this car. (stock) although there is a problem. when the fuel runs low it tends to buck taking of in 1st. I don't know if its the pump or injectors. other than that runs like a charm! i wish the steering was a bit softer though. id recommend this car for anybody. since i got it i changed both cv joints, clutch kit, oil, all the leaks and the head gasket. about $1,000 (more than i bought it for) lol

Favorite Features

engine, its a fast sporty little car

Suggested Improvements

the suspension compents are pretty lousy the bad cambers are wearing out my tires :(

Great college car
By Vincent

1992 Nissan Sentra Coupe XE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car from a co-worker before I went to college. The car had about 60,000 miles on it. It ran great. It is easy on gas. I get about 34 mpg highway and 28 mpg city. The car is very reliable and a real do-it-yourself car when it comes to maintenance. I changed the alternator and thermostat myself in addition to the plugs. The timing chain is fine just as long as you keep the oil changed on a regular basis. I still have the car, but I just use it as a road runner now. I went out and bought a Nissan Frontier and it is just as reliable.

Favorite Features

Great on gas and four cylinder enginge has some pickup.

Suggested Improvements

Driver's seat can be very uncomfortable on long trips.

WOW!
By Importfan

1992 Nissan Sentra Coupe E 2dr Coupe

I bought this car from a coworker for a few hundred dollars. It has very high mileage, but it seems to be very reliable so far. There are no leaks or "weird" noises so far. For a high mileage vehicle, it is clean and quick and gets good gas mileage. I would definitely recommend this car. I prefer Hondas but this is a worthy substitute! I am glad that I bought it and look forward to many happy miles.

Favorite Features

Reliability, size, gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

The security release on the steering wheel is a little annoying and cupholder placement, I like the cupholders themselves though.

Nice Reliable Car
By Nissan4eva

1992 Nissan Sentra Coupe XE 2dr Coupe

Car has been passed down from two older siblings. Been a fairly reliable car over the past 10 years. Fixed quite a bit of everything; but once fixed, car was great. Although it is no beauty, car has attracted the attention of many when it failed in the middle of the road 3x because of gasoline pump problem. Overall, really like the car despite its flaws, no sarcasm intended.

Favorite Features

really fun car to drive. great to spin out in the snow. awesome for jumping ramps. car flies through speed bumps like no other. great for off roading. car is a perfect blend of a hummer and a ferrari and everything i imagine it to be.

Suggested Improvements

gas pump had to be replaced 3x. exhaust system had to replace 3x. need better suspension and struts-currently feels like a tractor. need more reliable starter-had to replace that too. Currently max out at 65 mph without shaking. 0-6 in 30 seconds. should beat a pedestrian merging on the highway