1992 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Dependable
By zward on 03/19/09 19:17 PM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

Purchased my Sentra in 2006 and have owned it ever since. She's always been good to me and I've made sure to keep up with the maintenance. The only major work I've had to do is the CV axles and the exhaust...which were a bit pricey but other than that it's been good and the parts are cheap and the car is easy to work on. I live in the Austin area so inspection and emissions tests are required. My car's always passed wonderfully, so there's never been any expensive emissions problems like that.

Reliable car!
By Tim Hennig on 06/26/07 18:08 PM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from my girlfriend a few years ago because I needed a fuel-efficient car for commuting to and from work (Jeep was way too thirsty for gas!). The car has a total of 235,000 miles. The car is a little rusty with a big dent on the right front panel passenger side. The car is very reliable. The car is great on gas too. There are some disadvantages to the car. It shifts hard from 1st gear to 2nd gear, I have replaced the governor gear three times, and it leaks oil (a lot of it).

Had to get another
By Autoplay2 on 04/25/06 19:48 PM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

Got the car with 56K miles on it. When it had 135K, I bought the wife a brand new car, but she insisted on driving this one for another 2 years! Peppy, very manueverable, easy on gas and maintenance. Finally sold it at 210K miles to a coworker who loves the car. He has 246K on it now! It's the Timex of cars!

I love my Nissan Sentra
By Travis on 04/21/06 14:17 PM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

This car is incredibly reliable. My wife bought it in 1999 with 72,000 miles. Now, in 2006, it has 190,000 miles and still runs like a charm. The gas mileage is incredible, and although it's not exactly sporty, the engine is strong enough to do what you need. Of course, the rear seating is small, but it's fine for car seats.

Best car ever owned
By bobby62914 on 05/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

My 1992 Nissan Sentra, bought used with 96,000 miles on it, has been the best car I have ever owned. It currently has over 225,000 miles on it. I have replaced the fuel pump twice and the alternator once. The CV joint on one side was replaced at 185,000 miles and I am going to replace the other side within the month. The A/C blows cold and everything except the cassette player works as new. It is responsive and holds the road well. It will travel at 90 MPH all day long. It does occasionally require a quart of oil between changes, which are done every 5,000 miles.

All around nice car to own
By Burnie J on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

This car has been very dependable. A little lacking on the miles-to-the gal., but it is an uncommonly quick 4 cyl. with a respectable gas consumption. I like go when the light turns green, not wait to reach the speed limit at the next stop light, like many 4 cyl. of the past.

What a Car!!!
By bigwheel on 11/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

This has been a great car for the family and now for myself as a commuter car. I'm not the best at maintaining my vehicles but this one os very forgiving. After 182,000 miles it still doesn't use any oil to speak of. I get between 35 and 40 mpg and that is with my last tune-up being beyond my rememberance. Other than replacing normal wear out items I have only had to replace the front crankshaft seal and the oil pressure sending unit. I've replaced front brakes about every two years but the rear brakes were replaced for the first time at 170,000 miles. Exhaust system is still original.

mileage
By Northernhawk on 09/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

I bought my Sentra as a demo, with less than 6000 miles on it. We have used it as a commuter car since day one. It has over 250000 miles on it and burns no oil. It also gets over 40mpg. The clutch, alternator and struts were replaced. I was thinking of selling it, but then I woke up... I think this little car will last another couple hundred thousand, so I will keep it, thank you very much.

Very reliable car
By petecw98 on 09/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for more than six years and it has always been reliable. It's not the prettiest (or the ugliest) car on the road but for the price its great. I bought it when I didn't have alot of many for anything fancy. Now I could afford something else but I just can't get rid of it. It runs great, looks good. It's hard to justify getting another car (especially anything other than a Nissan).

Never a problem
By giraffe on 07/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

I was given this car by my mother in law in 1999. It's not fast, peppy, or pretty, but it runs like a top. The only repair I've had to make was the alternator in the fall of 2001 when it had 130K on it. For no more than the car is worth, this is a great vehicle. I live in the Midwest, and it always starts in the winter. I could not be happier with the reliability or low cost of maintenance of the Sentra.