Used 1991 Nissan Sentra XE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

1991 Nissan Sentra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

1991 nissan sentra xe
By James Ord

1991 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

Excellent little car!! replaced fuel pump after 24years. had original Japan pump in it!! brakes and tires replaced but what a great car. 325000 klicks on it and it runs like new... 35+miles to gallon!! when it finally dies i will look for another..well done Nissan!!

Amazing little car that sets the bar
By kscommuter

1991 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

I bought my '91 Sentra brand new and had it serviced according to schedule by Nissan for all major service milestones and was very regular with changing the oil and doing any type of maintenance. I kept the car 16 years before selling it and going with a new 2007 Maxima. I had 265,000 miles on the Sentra and it ran great when I sold it; nothing was wrong with it other than the trunk seal allowed rainwater to get into the trunk. Over it's life with me it had one clutch job at 140k miles, routine brake jobs & other minor maintenance but never let me down. When new it would get 40+ mpg on the highway and when older would still get over get 30 mpg. It was very, very easy on the pocket book!

Favorite Features

gas mileage, low maintenance, easy to park, reliability, low cost (both initial & ongoing), excellent a/c (even when 16 yrs old), tight fit and solid feel for a small car, fairly roomy trunk, good leg room for front passengers (husband is 6'4") and liked to drive it

Suggested Improvements

none

just wont stop running
By jfx

1991 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

This car fell into my lap when my older brother purchased a new one. I have had it for four years and he had it for over ten years. It has over 200,000 miles and there is just nothing wrong with it besides the a/c doesnt work. The exterior paint is rusting and very faded too. Overall it is by far the most reliable car I have owned.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Handling

Can you ask for more?
By NLB

1991 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

My plain Jane Sentra is comfortable, fun to drive, always starts, gets good mileage, and is inexpensive to maintain. It has over 194,000 miles on it and has NEVER let me down. Talk about a car that "takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'--this one can't be beat!

Favorite Features

Good visibility and easy to drive

Suggested Improvements

Better exterior styling. Car looks like a "box on wheels."

An Underrated Value
By Trish the Dish

1991 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

These Nissans can be had fairly inexpensively (compared to the world-beater Honda Civic), but offer excellent quality and performance for the price. This car would be worth considering when you're looking for you next used car.

Favorite Features

Cruise control, overdrive that can be manually overridden, logical placement of controls, comfortable to drive.

Suggested Improvements

A little more leg room for us tall people. Otherwise, very nice.