1991 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Amazing little car that sets the bar
By kscommuter on 09/18/11 07:40 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

I bought my '91 Sentra brand new and had it serviced according to schedule by Nissan for all major service milestones and was very regular with changing the oil and doing any type of maintenance. I kept the car 16 years before selling it and going with a new 2007 Maxima. I had 265,000 miles on the Sentra and it ran great when I sold it; nothing was wrong with it other than the trunk seal allowed rainwater to get into the trunk. Over it's life with me it had one clutch job at 140k miles, routine brake jobs & other minor maintenance but never let me down. When new it would get 40+ mpg on the highway and when older would still get over get 30 mpg. It was very, very easy on the pocket book!

just wont stop running
By jfx on 05/07/11 04:55 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

This car fell into my lap when my older brother purchased a new one. I have had it for four years and he had it for over ten years. It has over 200,000 miles and there is just nothing wrong with it besides the a/c doesnt work. The exterior paint is rusting and very faded too. Overall it is by far the most reliable car I have owned.

Best Mileage, Reliability
By Terry on 09/20/09 10:14 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

Owned the vehicle since '91. Always performed required regular maint. Only replaced two fuel injectors, starter, fuel pump, belts, hoses. Nothing out of the ordinary and still get 30 mpg overall. Great job Nissan...

Can you ask for more?
By NLB on 01/03/08 12:59 PM (PST)

1991 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

My plain Jane Sentra is comfortable, fun to drive, always starts, gets good mileage, and is inexpensive to maintain. It has over 194,000 miles on it and has NEVER let me down. Talk about a car that "takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'--this one can't be beat!

Good Small Car
By rickperry on 08/28/06 19:42 PM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I love this little car. Sure it's underpowered. Sure it's old. But it goes.

this car is a "life-saver"
By linkin on 11/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

this car is a great first car for any young driver! It can take all the little bumps that 1st time drivers incounter

the little car that could
By Mario on 05/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

This car has been great. I've only had a few minor problems with it. The antilock brake light comes on and stays on due to a abs speed sensor circuit, the gas gauge does not read accurately, the trunk leaks, and the power windows stick. Other than that, it has been a great car. It keeps going and going and going.

An Underrated Value
By Trish the Dish on 12/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

These Nissans can be had fairly inexpensively (compared to the world-beater Honda Civic), but offer excellent quality and performance for the price. This car would be worth considering when you're looking for you next used car.

202k miles and it still gets 40mpg
By 5am on 09/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Sentra Sedan E 4dr Sedan

This is a solid inexpensive beginners car. I still drive it, the paint has peeled off but the car is solid, it came with 1 dent at 180k miles, and now it is at 202k w 1 more dent, I popped both out with a little work. 40 mpg and low maintenance, I couldn't ask for more.

Good little car
By sfli on 05/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Sentra Sedan E 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new in 1991. Over the years it has served us well. The only major repair was the clutch after about 6 years of use. It is a good car for transportation. Only minor things have worn out over time. An American make would have been in the junk yard years ago.