1991 Nissan Sentra SE-R - Consumer Reviews

SE-R 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (8 reviews )
198,000 miles and counting
By ddg on 11/15/05 04:33 AM (PST)

1991 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 2dr Coupe

Cars like this come around once in a decade. It's just the right blend of practicality and performance that earned it a place in Car & Driver's 10 Best list all 4 years it was produced. It's quick, it's nimble, it's nearly indestructable (15 years and all I've replaced is tires, brakes, clutches, and one alternator). Hat's off to Nissan for the perfect blend.

250,000 miles and still going strong
By pag on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 2dr Coupe

Purchased new. This car still runs superbly and requires almost no maintenance. Red paint is now crazed on top and gas gauge is inconsistent but such niggling points out how great the car has been. I'm not sure why I'm considering a new vehicle.

No new car for me
By dennisjjc on 10/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 2dr Coupe

I've had my car so long that when I run into friends from the past they can't believe I'm still driving this thing. They have since been through 3 or four cars spending 60k more than I have on transportation. It's a perfect commuter car. Not to big or to small. Not to many things to go wrong with it. The car is a no frills perfect zip around town machine. Only problem is the red paint faided earlier than it should have. I may have washed it off babying it to much. Oh, and I'm a bit concerned about it not having an air bag. I only spend about $600 per yr in maintenance. To bad they didn't make this car for so many years.

Car
By fdsaasdffdsasdf on 07/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 2dr Coupe

Great AWESONE i absolutely love this car. it is amazing. i wish i had another one just like it

Best car I ever bought!
By Eduardo55 on 05/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 2dr Coupe

Bought new in 1990, it has been a blast to drive, never let me down and still outruns anything it's size while getting 32 MPG. I'm looking at a Murano now. Nissans forever.

bang for the buck
By jeffm on 11/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 2dr Coupe

This car rocks. I read about SE-Rs ten years ago and found this one by accident about 2 years ago on a lot for $2200. It was a one-owner car in great condition, aside from fading paint. It is small, fun to drive, very fast, very maneuverable, and just the perfect car for a guy on a budget.

first, best car
By spunkythesentra on 11/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 2dr Coupe

Affectionately named Spunky the Sentra. I absolutely love my car. I bought it @ 95,000 miles, and have had no serious problems with it. It has great throttle response, excellent shift feel, and is far and away the best thing for the money in the used market. Even @ 90MPH with the car COMPLETELY full of stuff, with a kayak on top, and A/C on, I still get 28 MPG. Great "sleeper" car... never been pulled over, surprises the heck out of Camaros and the like.

awesome car
By lewis on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 2dr Coupe

I have had my SER for 6 years now. Absolutely no problems except CV boot replacement. The car is still very fast and gets great mileage. What other car from the early 90s has a 7600 rpm redline and gets 30 miles to a gallon? Back seat is very spacious with good head room. Overall, I am extremely happy with the car. I don't think the new SER is in the same league. So if you are lucky enough to find one the best cars according to Car and Driver, get it!