Used 1991 Nissan Sentra SE Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

1991 Nissan Sentra Coupe

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

One of best cars i ever had !
By gmasta

1991 Nissan Sentra Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

1992 sentra coupe 5 speed - bought it with 60,000 miles - beat a living crap out of it- did about 45,000 miles in 2 years and changed 6 or 7 sets of tires - cause i was burning them to the wires ! - nothing broken ever in this car and then i sold it with about 105,000 miles to my friend - he beat it even more for about 2 years and finally at about 150,000 miles he hit a huge pot hole that broke suspension ,wheel and engine and transmission mounts and he turned it to the junk yard after that - car was still running !

Favorite Features

gas mileage - up to 40 mpg if driving really easy nothing brakes

Suggested Improvements

i wish they make more cars like this today - today's nissan is nothing like this tank !

I thought it would be nice
By Larry

1991 Nissan Sentra Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

When I first bought the car, I thought hey, saves gas, and it's cheap. But what I did not know was the problems I would encounter. I have tremendous issues with the starter that I had to fix twice, I changed the leaking radiator, my car got too hot so bought another thermostat, new rear shocks, replaced the 5 speed transmission, and to top it all off, my car is leaking oil and I once again am having problems with my new, used transmission I supposedly just replaced. It pops out of fifth gear.

Favorite Features

Saves gas.

Simply Amazing
By Smikel

1991 Nissan Sentra Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used, and have never had a problem. The 5spd is awesome, and the clutch is amazingly sweet! I did put custom exhaust & a K&N filter in to boost the performance. The seats are really comfotable too! It's the best I've ever owned!

Favorite Features

Clutch, Interior Design

A 1991 Nissan Sentra SE 2-dr=great car!
By georgio07

1991 Nissan Sentra Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

Hello, I have been the sole owner of a 1991 Nissan Sentra SE 2-door Coupe, 5-speed manual transmission. I bought this new when it has 43 miles on it. It has been a great car for the economical, yet fun to drive class. Only problem in 11 years has been 1 fuel pump that went out after 9 years. The OEM parts and quality have been excellent. Now in the 11th year, I am in need of new struts for the front and some rust\body work near the rear lower quarterpanels, from all of the Ohio Salt. I will soon be upgrading to a 2003 Nissan Maxima SE or 350 Z, and just looking for more power and a V-6 class engine. Thanks, George

Favorite Features

The trunk is large enough for a decent subwoofer box and the rear spoiler got looks. This car is very easy to work on and maintain, all the engine layout is simple and easy to access. Handles great in the snow!

Suggested Improvements

Better quality suspension perhaps, but not that bad after 11 years.

91 Sentra SE Coupe
By Freddie

1991 Nissan Sentra Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I bought my 1991 Nissan Sentra SE Coupe when it was brand new. Ever since then, it has been running good. Except for little dents on the car, it is in very good shape.

Favorite Features

I like the spoiler, the alloy wheels.

Suggested Improvements

power windows please!