Used 1991 Nissan Sentra Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Nissan Sentra Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
One of best cars i ever had !
By gmasta on 05/05/14 12:55 PM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Sentra Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

1992 sentra coupe 5 speed - bought it with 60,000 miles - beat a living crap out of it- did about 45,000 miles in 2 years and changed 6 or 7 sets of tires - cause i was burning them to the wires ! - nothing broken ever in this car and then i sold it with about 105,000 miles to my friend - he beat it even more for about 2 years and finally at about 150,000 miles he hit a huge pot hole that broke suspension ,wheel and engine and transmission mounts and he turned it to the junk yard after that - car was still running !

I thought it would be nice
By Larry on 09/26/07 13:32 PM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Sentra Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

When I first bought the car, I thought hey, saves gas, and it's cheap. But what I did not know was the problems I would encounter. I have tremendous issues with the starter that I had to fix twice, I changed the leaking radiator, my car got too hot so bought another thermostat, new rear shocks, replaced the 5 speed transmission, and to top it all off, my car is leaking oil and I once again am having problems with my new, used transmission I supposedly just replaced. It pops out of fifth gear.

I love this car
By Jersey Joe on 09/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Sentra Coupe XE 2dr Coupe

This is the first, and only, new car I've ever purchased. The only problems I've had (knock wood) through 280K miles are deer running haphazardly in front of the vehicle (once) and someone failing to stop and slamming into me from behind. There are a few things I had to have replaced (water pump, struts, etc), but I feel that is to be expected over 12 1/2 years. It has great pick-up, gets good gas mileage and is reasonably quiet for a car that only cost $10,000. I do recommend following the manufacturer's maintanence schedule.

Simply Amazing
By Smikel on 09/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Sentra Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used, and have never had a problem. The 5spd is awesome, and the clutch is amazingly sweet! I did put custom exhaust & a K&N filter in to boost the performance. The seats are really comfotable too! It's the best I've ever owned!

A 1991 Nissan Sentra SE 2-dr=great car!
By georgio07 on 10/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Sentra Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

Hello, I have been the sole owner of a 1991 Nissan Sentra SE 2-door Coupe, 5-speed manual transmission. I bought this new when it has 43 miles on it. It has been a great car for the economical, yet fun to drive class. Only problem in 11 years has been 1 fuel pump that went out after 9 years. The OEM parts and quality have been excellent. Now in the 11th year, I am in need of new struts for the front and some rust\body work near the rear lower quarterpanels, from all of the Ohio Salt. I will soon be upgrading to a 2003 Nissan Maxima SE or 350 Z, and just looking for more power and a V-6 class engine. Thanks, George

Best for a long, long time
By Sid R on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Sentra Coupe E 2dr Coupe

Bought the base model new in April 1991 - only had radio and A/C added. Paid 8,000 and drove it for 234,000 miles before selling it. At time of sale, engine still was at factory compression specs. That thing should run forever. Plenty of power, very comfortable, incredibly reliable.

91 Sentra SE Coupe
By Freddie on 06/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Sentra Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I bought my 1991 Nissan Sentra SE Coupe when it was brand new. Ever since then, it has been running good. Except for little dents on the car, it is in very good shape.