1991 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
One of best cars i ever had !
By gmasta on 05/05/14 12:55 PM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Sentra SE 2dr Coupe

1992 sentra coupe 5 speed - bought it with 60,000 miles - beat a living crap out of it- did about 45,000 miles in 2 years and changed 6 or 7 sets of tires - cause i was burning them to the wires ! - nothing broken ever in this car and then i sold it with about 105,000 miles to my friend - he beat it even more for about 2 years and finally at about 150,000 miles he hit a huge pot hole that broke suspension ,wheel and engine and transmission mounts and he turned it to the junk yard after that - car was still running !

Amazing little car that sets the bar
By kscommuter on 09/18/11 07:40 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

I bought my '91 Sentra brand new and had it serviced according to schedule by Nissan for all major service milestones and was very regular with changing the oil and doing any type of maintenance. I kept the car 16 years before selling it and going with a new 2007 Maxima. I had 265,000 miles on the Sentra and it ran great when I sold it; nothing was wrong with it other than the trunk seal allowed rainwater to get into the trunk. Over it's life with me it had one clutch job at 140k miles, routine brake jobs & other minor maintenance but never let me down. When new it would get 40+ mpg on the highway and when older would still get over get 30 mpg. It was very, very easy on the pocket book!

just wont stop running
By jfx on 05/07/11 04:55 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

This car fell into my lap when my older brother purchased a new one. I have had it for four years and he had it for over ten years. It has over 200,000 miles and there is just nothing wrong with it besides the a/c doesnt work. The exterior paint is rusting and very faded too. Overall it is by far the most reliable car I have owned.

Best Mileage, Reliability
By Terry on 09/20/09 10:14 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

Owned the vehicle since '91. Always performed required regular maint. Only replaced two fuel injectors, starter, fuel pump, belts, hoses. Nothing out of the ordinary and still get 30 mpg overall. Great job Nissan...

Can you ask for more?
By NLB on 01/03/08 12:59 PM (PST)

1991 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

My plain Jane Sentra is comfortable, fun to drive, always starts, gets good mileage, and is inexpensive to maintain. It has over 194,000 miles on it and has NEVER let me down. Talk about a car that "takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'--this one can't be beat!

I thought it would be nice
By Larry on 09/26/07 13:32 PM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Sentra SE 2dr Coupe

When I first bought the car, I thought hey, saves gas, and it's cheap. But what I did not know was the problems I would encounter. I have tremendous issues with the starter that I had to fix twice, I changed the leaking radiator, my car got too hot so bought another thermostat, new rear shocks, replaced the 5 speed transmission, and to top it all off, my car is leaking oil and I once again am having problems with my new, used transmission I supposedly just replaced. It pops out of fifth gear.

Good Small Car
By rickperry on 08/28/06 19:42 PM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

I love this little car. Sure it's underpowered. Sure it's old. But it goes.

198,000 miles and counting
By ddg on 11/15/05 04:33 AM (PST)

1991 Nissan Sentra SE-R 2dr Coupe

Cars like this come around once in a decade. It's just the right blend of practicality and performance that earned it a place in Car & Driver's 10 Best list all 4 years it was produced. It's quick, it's nimble, it's nearly indestructable (15 years and all I've replaced is tires, brakes, clutches, and one alternator). Hat's off to Nissan for the perfect blend.

this car is a "life-saver"
By linkin on 11/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

this car is a great first car for any young driver! It can take all the little bumps that 1st time drivers incounter

250,000 miles and still going strong
By pag on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Sentra SE-R 2dr Coupe

Purchased new. This car still runs superbly and requires almost no maintenance. Red paint is now crazed on top and gas gauge is inconsistent but such niggling points out how great the car has been. I'm not sure why I'm considering a new vehicle.