Used 1990 Nissan Sentra XE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

20 years and getting old
By Dennis Fudge

1990 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

I carpool and cycle whenever I get a chance so the mileage is low (156000 km) in which 85000 km was originally on the vehicle when I purchased it in 1994. But now the car is getting old and the cost for repairs is starting to be almost as much as the vehicle is worth. With two tires needing to be replaced,lower ball joints worn and the gas gauge not working, it is time to upgrade. Plus my children are getting bigger which means a larger vehicle.

Very low repair cost per year. Sometimes going two years with no cost but for oil changes.

Lower cost, so I can afford a new car.

Great Car
By Diablo_75

1990 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

I've actually owned 2 of these cars (the first being a 2 dr XE). The first car's timing chain guide wore out at about 220,000 miles. I scraped it out for little parts, and use them to replace the occasional need for the one I'm driving now. It has a remanufactured engine in it, so there's no telling how far this one will last. It's a good compact car.

Starts easily in any temerature (even a freezing 20 or 30 below). Maintenence is a sinch.

It doesn't hurt to put in a nice CD player, but my car (in it's lifetime) has been broken into about 3 times...by force. So, in that case...get a car alarm.