Used 1990 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

368,000 and going
By las27563481

1990 Nissan Sentra 2dr Coupe

Bought the car with 70K on it in 1994? I have driven it 300,000 miles since and have had only one failure where I let it run out of water (hose leak) and ran it hot. Threw a head gasket on it (this all around 340,00 miles and running fine now. I've put one clutch in at 180,000 and two DS and one PS front axles, both rear wheel bearings and one set of 4 struts over the entire time i've owned his car. BTW, when I had the cylinder head off to replace the head gasket (again, at 340,00 miles) there was NO ridge at the top of any of the four cylinders. I've torn down many motors and have seen wear and cylinder wall ridges at 80,000. This engine has 5 times that in miles and was smooth.

This is the most durable and reliable vehichle I have ever owned, is light weight and easy to maintain and drive.

This car will not die!
By SG

1990 Nissan Sentra XE 2dr Coupe

This car is phenomenal on gas mileage. My husband (to be, at the time) bought this car before I met him. We've now been married 15 years. A few years back, we thought it might be time to get him a new car, so we did, and I inherited this as I was driving a pickup at the time. Well, that was 4 years ago, and I'm still driving this little car. It looks terrible - the paint's starting to fade, the door has a big gash in it that's starting to rust, the interior ceiling cloth has disintegrated and is coming down in sheets, but I cannot bring myself to get a new car. This car drives great. It gets incredible gas mileage. I fill it up ONCE A MONTH. I have a 12 mile commute to work.

It runs beautifully, it's fun to drive and you cannot beat the gas mileage, it's incredible, it just goes forever. It has 237,000 miles on it right now and I keep looking at new cars every few months but then, I think, why get a new one? This one has no intention of dying and the gas mileage is !!!!

Back seat is small, paint fading and interior ceiling cloth has disintegrated. The car is 20 years old, though.

20 years and getting old
By Dennis Fudge

1990 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

I carpool and cycle whenever I get a chance so the mileage is low (156000 km) in which 85000 km was originally on the vehicle when I purchased it in 1994. But now the car is getting old and the cost for repairs is starting to be almost as much as the vehicle is worth. With two tires needing to be replaced,lower ball joints worn and the gas gauge not working, it is time to upgrade. Plus my children are getting bigger which means a larger vehicle.

Very low repair cost per year. Sometimes going two years with no cost but for oil changes.

Lower cost, so I can afford a new car.

$200.00 goes a long way
By james4750

1990 Nissan Sentra 2dr Coupe

I drive this car everyday to work 25 miles round trip and it has never failed me yet. It has 238,000 miles on it and still runs like new. It does not burn a drop of oil. Other than a new timing chain at 211,000 miles, nothing other than regular maintenance has been done to the motor and still runs like new. Other than 2 clutches I have had no tranny problems. It's 18 years old and I bet it runs another 18 years. I am the car's 2nd owner.

Good gas mileage, 25 city 30 to 35 highway. Low cost maintenance, easy to drive.

NOTHING!

My Sentra
By AJ

1990 Nissan Sentra XE 2dr Hatchback

I bought my sentra with 210,000 miles on it in 2005, every thing was original, its past time for it to recieve new shocks, and probably struts, other than that, the regular oil changes from the original owner i boughtit from has saved it from any noise that indicates a worn older engine. this car gets the best gas mileage of any car ive ever owned. it really great for califonia where i live when gas prices are 2.80 a gallon for regular. i dont like the interior so much, its too plain and plasticy, but thats what you get for a 90's car of any kind. i also own an 88 honda accord hatchback, more comfortable +8hp alot faster, and had more options, honda= $1000, a deal, sentra=$1175 all original

i kinda like the cheap shifter knob

NEEDS indicator if you leave your lights on. Needs tachometor for manuals