2016 Nissan Rogue SUV Consumer Reviews - 59 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Nissan Rogue SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Suspension Defect!!
By 2016Rogue

2016 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

At 900 miles my 2016 Rogue started making a popping noise in the front wheels area when I turn the steering wheel. Nissan states it is a manufacturing defect in the struts and they a working on a solution. I was told they know it is annoying but it is not a safety issue. That tells me they are not overly concerned with finding a solution. The paint scars and scratches easily. I wish I had not bought a Nissan. I'm sure if I tried to sale this Rogue, no one would even drive it out of my driveway the way it is popping.

Exploding Moonroof
By SPONTANEOUSEXPLODINGMOONROOF

2016 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The moon roof spontaneously exploded. If you take your car into any Nissan dealership they will tell you that this is unheard of and impossible. They will also try to tell you to go through insurance because Nissan will try to get out of everything and anything so they are not responsible. Nissan needs to advise their service workers and managers to respect their customers and not be so dismissive so quickly when something is IN FACT, THE TRUTH. Clearly there was a defect in the glass of the moon roof because it shattered all on its own. There are plenty of cases and lawsuits against this issue as well so IT IS POSSIBLE AND DOES HAPPEN. Yes, even to you NISSAN!

Rogue review
By Dean Spicher

2016 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased this SUV to replace a Frontier pickup which was only 7 months old when it was in a total loss crash (BAD). Decided to purchase a small SUV instead of a pickup as a replacement. So far the Rogue has been a pleasant choice. It is solid, quiet and comfortable to drive. It has been doing well with fuel mileage, better than the Jeep Patriot I had before the Frontier. The surround camera system is great for parking and the Bose system is great. Overall I am happy, with the only complaint that the 2.5 is a little rough compared to other 4's in this class, but the acceleration and highway manners more than make up for the rougher than average idle. I looked at Ford, and Jeep comps and went with the Nissan. Overall I think it's the better choice for me (GOOD).

Great with one catch!
By Jlphoto

2016 Nissan Rogue SUV SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car for its combination of features, value, performance. So far very happy with almost every aspect of the vehicle. It rides well, quiet, great fuel economy, lots of great technology and those Zero Gravity seats are VERY comfortable. It looks great and I love the panoramic sunroof.....awesome. The only issue I am having is a creaking noise in the front right strut tower when you turn the streering wheel at slow speeds. My Nissan dealer said Nissan is aware of it and working on a fix. I will admit to being a bit OCD about noises in my vehicles. I REALLY hope they come up with a fix soon otherwise i will have to trade it in sooner than I want to. I would be curious if other Rogue owners have been having this issue. But as I said, other than that issue, love the car!

LOVE my new ride
By Rosandra Simmons

2016 Nissan Rogue SUV SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is the first new car I've purchased in 10 years and I LOVE it. I had been driving a Honda CRV and the size is comparable, but my Rogue is much more sporty. Great mom vehicle without looking like one.