2015 Nissan Rogue SUV Consumer Reviews - 71 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Nissan Rogue SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Dont be fooled by its great look!
By Dlushine

2015 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My story of a 2015 nissan Rogue with less then 7 thousand miles on it. Less then a year old....

This past Saturday i got into my car to go out and started the car, buckled up as usual, put my foot on the break, and when i tried to release the gearshift out of park and into reverse so that i could pull out of my parking space, the whole thing came clean off right in my [non-permissible content removed] hand.... I was in such shock that i just sat there holding it and staring for a moment. I honestly wasnt sure weather to get angry or laugh because it was one of those few moments in life that are THAT [non-permissible content removed] stupid. lol.

I thought maybe if i put the gearshift back on to the pole that it sits on, that maybe i could get it to sort of click back down on there just enough that i could operate the car so that i could drive it down to the nissan service center and drop it off there to get fixed but NOPE!! Once i placed it back on, it perm. STAYED locked and EVEN WORSE was now stuck in park! So things were just going from bad to worse moment by moment here.

I then call the nissan service center while im sitting in my car to tell them what was going on and i get someone telling me that they "have never heard of this kind of thing happening before" and that "something like that should never ever been happening" and then wanted me to bring the car to them so that they could "figure out what happened, investigate more, and fix it".

I then told him that the car would not allow me to shift into even neutral, so he then sent a flat bed tow truck out to my house where i then had to watch the car be DRAGGED WHILE IN PARK!! out of my parking space enough to pull it on to the truck while i stood there grinding my teeth because of how AWFUL and loud it sounds when you do something like that and HOPING it didnt [non-permissible content removed] something ELSE up as a result.

This is AFTER i received TWO recalls in the mail for this car in the mail one about the air bags turning themselves off and the computer needing to be "reprogrammed" and the second being about the rear lift gate stays needing some sort of "treatment" because they are not protected against water or salt air and could rust and corrode to the point where the whole lift gate could just fall off.

It is now tuesday and im still carless and havent heard a damn thing from nissan.

To update this: i got my car back today, and although i was pleasantly surprised they washed my car and fixed all the issues explaining that the "clip or clamp inside the gearshift mechanism snapped somehow" and "just needed to be replaced" as well as both recalls having been fixed. I was a bit shocked by the look of my center console. It now looks like the people at the service center sort of hap-hazardly pulled everything apart in order to get under the plastic and like they used the wrong tools!
If i wanted my car fixed down in TJ i would have crossed the border and let THEM pry my car apart with what looks like the wrong tools and leaving the re-assembled console looking sort of "loose". There are now these odd slashes and stab marks across where the gearshift cover is, and what looks like jabs from a flat head screwdriver along the seem of the console as well.

great suv
By keith

2015 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

fantastic vehicle. we drove it on a 450 mile road trip and averaged 35.6 in eco mode. I am a large guy and it is very comfroatable.

Love the new Rogue!
By jeremy campbell

2015 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My wife and I were between the CRV and the Rogue. We feel we got a lot more for our money with the Rogue. We love it!

Love going Rogue
By Beth Addison

2015 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Rear stadium seating is a neat feature for back seat passengers and bird's eye cameras are awesome. Not good for a fifth passenger though.

REGRET of buying this Nissan
By David Lei

2015 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a brand new 2015 Rogue SL AWD for my daily driver last year, and this is my biggest mistake! I should of do more researches before buying it. This car is the MOST POS ever.

My suspension was bad after a couple thousand miles, the car made huge noise when the car is rolling. Now after just a year of ownership the car has vibration when I brake. The stitches on the seat are coming loose. I brought the car to dealer and they refused to cover the fix of the vibration problem because the problem is from the brake and rotor. This is unbelievable, because the car was serviced in the dealer every 5000 miles and they did not notice anything in their brake inspection. And now I have to replace the whole front brake set up (brakes and rotors) on my own. After the fix this car definitely has to go.