Very nice, but...
By joe945 on
2014 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
We have had this car only 2 months now and have already had an issue with it. The navigation/entertainment system stopped working for about 24 hours. It happened when I went to move the car off the street and into the garage. I noticed it start and then turn off when I shifted into reverse. Then it would not turn on no matter what buttons were pressed. A day later it started working again. My guess is that I shifted into reverse too quickly as the system appears to need time to boot up or maybe it was because I did not fasten my seat belt. Whatever the cause was, we haven't noticed any issues with it since. I saw a couple of other posts about this before, but now they are gone? Anyone else?
Favorite Features
Panoramic moon roof, overhead view parking assist, blind spot alert, moving object in vicinity alert, adjustable speed limit exceeded alert, locking center diff., LED headlights provide great visibility at night, cool looking LED daytime running lights, comfy seats, subwoofer on top of spare sounds awesome, lighted sill plates, push to start button, large touch screen especially when used for backing up, soft touch interior and its overall interior and exterior design, height of car makes it easy to get my daughter in and out of her car seat, power lift gate, handles confidently while maintaining comfortable ride, build quality appears to be very good with no noticeable fit or finish issues
Suggested Improvements
Engine could use updating as it's coarse when first started and accelerating hard. It's quiet the other 99% of the time when cruising. So, it's not a big deal. CVT is hardly noticeable under normal, family car driving conditions. Could use more apps. Pandora control is not as good as in the Leaf. My wife drives the Rogue and she loves it.
By kdavis82712
on 08/06/14 14:14 PM (PDT)

We've had this issue also. We have the SV but with the SL options except for leather seats. The nav screen will say loading... for a long time & then just go black. You have to cut the car on & off once or twice for it to work. Told the dealership about it but they didn't do anything. Only happens here & there but it still happens.