LYING NISSAN
By consilium on
2014 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I purchased the 2014 Rogue SL AWD The interior lay out is quit well I love the soft touch materials around the cabin also the seats are very comfortable both front and rear. The Infotainment works OK, but While navigating through the menus I see a lag within the response. The power lift gate is convenient. The EPA estimate for the Rogue AWD is 25 city/32 highway averaging 28 MPG. My best MPG is 34.8 Worst MPG 24.3, to attain the 34.8 MPG I have to drive the speed limit, but I think it's worth it. the O/D button works well when passing 18 wheeler's or zipping through traffic. Overall I am happy with my investment & advise anybody who is shopping for a SUV to test drive the Rogue.
Favorite Features
I decided to eat sushi my friend recommended the Blue Samurai restaurant, but didn't have the address no worries I synced my android phone to my rogue & was able to perform a google search from my 7 inch touch screen display for the restaurant address & wallah up came the address. I do like the power lift gate & the height adjustment The birds eye view aka 360 view is a great safety feature to avoid hitting anything around your car either driving, parking or getting through tight spots. The seats are very comfortable, the back seat is place higher than the front seat which makes the rear seat passenger have a commanding view within the cabin. soft touch materials means no painful elbows.
Suggested Improvements
I wish the SL package will have standard LED headlights, but this is only an option. Unfortunately the dealer didn't have the SL AWD with this option in white exterior tan interior. So I opted for the AWD with Halogen lights. LED tail lights will be great, but I am sure when they perform a refresh of the rogue these items will be standard on the SL model. When the radiator fan comes on to cool the engine the car idles quite loud.
By ryanm3
on 05/14/14 13:51 PM (PDT)

I agree with the lag times on the menu options. Had the car (SV) for about 1 month now. I also noticed a distortion in the sound when using bluetooth talking to others which is quite annoying. In addition to the lag times, on a few occasions the remote buttons on the wheel and panel became UNRESPONSIVE while driving, sort of like the freezing of your typical computer screen. Only way to get the car responsive again is to turn off and turn back on the car! Pretty disappointed with that and not the first time I've had issues with brand new nissan cars. Other than that, the car is fine.

By consilium
on 05/23/14 00:24 AM (PDT)

Now my Infotainment system does not come on at all. Occurred last night Thursday, May 22, 2014 around 3am I am taking it to the dealer today I will provide updates on what caused the system to not come on

By consilium
on 05/26/14 18:06 PM (PDT)

UPDATE: The next day the Infotainment system came on after that it perform one reboot while driving but since then has been on ever since. Nothing is perfect in this world but I am happy it resolved itself. Only thing we are promised are death and taxes.

By rdkrdk
on 08/10/14 06:34 AM (PDT)

I have the same screen problems with a 2014 Nissan XiTrail (same car) here in Australia. Sad for you guys having the same issue, but happy its not just me and maybe Nissan will take notice (they haven't yet).