2014 Nissan Rogue Consumer Review: Yeah, a good choice.

2014 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Review

SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD CVT Automatic)

Yeah, a good choice.
By paul1944 on

2014 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Traded 2010 Tucson Limited, what an upgrade! RAV 4 too much black plastic on ext. Weird door panel design on interior and felt smaller. Ford Escapeescape looks like a Tucson and Ford Touch not easy to use, I have it in my Mustang. Mazda C5 just too small, lacks refinement. Rogue just has a very classy look and it seems larger. Rogues Lexus like interior really well done, tasteful and comfortable. Most Knobs & dials within easy reach. Apps,sound system, blue tooth, touch screen very easy operation. Raised rear seats nice touch, rear passengers can see where we are headed. I rated reliability avg. because it is new. Fun to drive? Not a sports car, but a refined, comfy ride.

Favorite Features

The 360 camera is a wonderful feature. Camera lenses seem to stay much cleaner than the one back up on my Tucson, definitely brighter and larger. The Almond interior really stands out, with my black exterior. Large moon roof, one of the best! Sound system excellent, crank it up! Minimal noise at highway speed . The rear storage area with its movable panels will be very useful, no other SUV has such a system. A smooth ride on the highway, relaxing driver, good sight lines. Wider than normal rear door openings make for easy access and loading. Fold down seat configuration makes more room for cargo. LED headlights really light up the road

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the Dunlop tires, really a poor tire for such a wonderful SUV. Reviews on these tire very negative, low tread wear, average traction. Installing a hitch, requires removal of two panels. I get the impression, from online, they do not have to be re installed. Will check with my dealer. We use hitch for a bicycle rack. I have read on line the Rogues design may require specific racks, we may need to search out a new rack that clears rear fascia. An inconvenience and unplanned expense if our present rack does not work. So be it. Redesign consol which I think would allow for even more room, nit picky. Re position the buttons for fuel door, and others, now too low.