2014 Nissan Rogue 2.5L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Fantastic car all around!

2014 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Review

2014 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic)

Fantastic car all around!
By johnny1965 on

2014 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This crossover is designed for luxury! It's wonderfully appointed & plush with padded dash, plush padded door armrests & center console as well as the most comfortable seats. Mine included navigation upgrade and panoramic moonroof. It is impressive! I've had mine < 3 months and average between 23.3 and 28 MPG CITY driving. Acceleration is not an issue. I notice that I am still way ahead of about 90% of traffic when leaving an intersection without even close to flooring it. Buy a Mustang if you feel you HAVE to be 1st. No acceleration safety issues here! I was sold on the 2014 RAV4, but is just simply cheap looking and feeling compared to 2014 Rogue. Toyota really screwed up.

Favorite Features

The cargo bi-level storage solution is TOTALLY the best feature. Other mfgs will wish they had it. The interior materials feel like they belong in a car that is twice the price! I adore the all around cameras (front, rear and sides). Parking and backing up are now a breeze. The lane departure is dependable and not annoying. The blind spot indicators are also reliable and not annoying. They make me feel much safer. They only rarely pick up something that is stationary, but I'd always rather be safe than sorry. Doesn't bother me a bit.

Suggested Improvements

The only itty bitty thing is that the sunvisors do not rotate and stay all the way forward against the front windshield. I think this has to do with the thickness of the ceiling. Nothing major and don't let it deter you from the car. It's just "different" than what I'm used to. Otherwise I wouldn't change a thing!