Reality with MPG
By jadecan on
2014 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I love my new Rogue! It drives so quiet and smooth compared to the Honda I had! I am hearing a lot of concerns about the Rogue not living up to the MPG. With any vehicle the MPG are based on a standard way of driving the vehicle. If you hit the highway and put your gas pedal to the floor and drive 75-80 every where you go, yes, you will be lucky to get 24-25 mpg- its a 4 cyl. engine that you are making work overtime. I believe the standards used for all vehicles for highway testing is 60-65 mph. With normal acceleration- no noise! I have been averaging about 30 mpg on the highway when doing the speed limit.
Favorite Features
I love the sound system in my SL-Premium sound that you would expect in a luxury vehicle! The interior has a luxurious feel, it was at least equal to the Mercedes I tested, and was actually better than the BMW! The all view camera system and the 7 inch touch screen is a great feature as well!
Suggested Improvements
The only small thing I noticed is the back seat center seat has a narrow seat buckle. My son mentioned it when we had all three kids in the back.
By khallyman
on 04/09/14 17:51 PM (PDT)

I fully agree with jadecan on the mileage point. I have been able to keep the average above 30 MPG driving between 65 and 70 MPH in flat highway conditions. An improvement to recommend is the resizing the driver side sun visor. It is too deep and, when lowered, covers the view of most drivers. This is a safety hazard.