Good vehicle, a few disappointing SL features
By edub007 on
2014 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
The Rogue is a good vehicle, just a few disappointments in expensive features. It has comfortable leather seats and roomy interior. Rear seat has dedicated vents, slides forward/back, and reclines; comfortable for adults. In general, the CVT offers a smooth, comfortable ride. Unfortunately, The Lane departure warning generally doesn’t work and Frontal collision warning will go off when driving curvy roads. The Blind Spot Monitor sees ghost cars. I haven’t gotten better than 23mpg (40% highway) but was told it takes 3K miles before the engine reaches peak performance. The engine is noticeably loud and bothers me more than I thought it would but hopefully that will get better.
Favorite Features
Push button start– love this feature and it will warn you if you try to lock it with the key inside. Around View/Backup camera - great features, more useful than I expected but visual degrades as the car gets dirty. Heated seats– love that these stay on for each start; some vehicles require you to turn them on each time. Auto dimming mirror - so glad I got it. Homelink– no worries about a stolen garage door opener. Tire pressure monitoring– while filling the tires, system tells you when the tire is full - very useful. Sun roof – it’s huge, I can’t help but love it. Automatic lift gate - helpful when my hands are full. Bluetooth is a nice feature with NissanConnect. Dual climate control
Suggested Improvements
Blind spot monitoring – hard to see the indicator, especially during the day, would be much better if the indicator was on the mirror so there’s one place to look; also sees ghost cars pretty often (lights when no car is there). Volume control – nitpicky, but each change of the dial is a big jump so it’s hard to set a comfortable level. Steering wheel controls – the radio functions are on the left and cruise is on the right – seems counterintuitive. On-dash radio controls – not very ergonomic, I can’t reach many of the buttons without leaning in uncomfortably far. Aux and USB port – these are not in the center console, so you can't hid electronics.