2014 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:
Gas Mileage lagging...
By franky9 on 03/21/14 11:29 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have opened a case with Nissan of No. America, due to the fact that I drove away from dealership with new 2014 Rogue, and was getting 15 MPG. They told me to wait till car reaches 1,000 for accurate gas mileage. Now at 2,000 miles and I am averaging 23 mpg. Not what they are advertising. I am NOT getting anywhere near 30, 32, 33 mpg highway, no way. Sucks and I am not a happy camper.

go ahead pay twice as much for a label
By jaceak on 03/12/14 03:22 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

this vehicle has a luxury vibe, even without leather seats. great interior, with pano roof. very smooth operator overall. gas mileage is never what they advertise, except on my altima, which is at least 32 overall. bottom line, technology and manufacturing methods have trickled down to the point where lower priced cars are just as good. had 11 lexus cars and this rogue rides as good as any of them...enjoy!

So far so good, but MPG is way off
By kelcon on 03/10/14 09:30 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We did countless hours of researching crossovers, compared all of the models and test drove a few. We fell in love with the Rogue after seeing the redesign and learning about all of the great standard safety features for such a reasonable price. We are going from a Prius to this, so the promised 29-33 MPG was a big selling point. Unfortunately... I have yet to get more than 25 MPG! (I bought the FWD version instead of the AWD to keep the MPG at the higher end... we are quite disappointed. We are hopeful that it will improve, but so far very disappointed.)

MPG is so far off
By cs4420 on 03/04/14 16:57 PM (PST)

2014 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I leased a Rogue when a lease on an Altima was expiring. The car is bad. The sticker MPG says 31 highway, 25 city. I have never gotten over 24 MPG since I got the car, and I drive mostly highway. Also, the battery in the car was defective and had to be replaced 10 days after I got the car. Fit of the drivers side door is poor. It makes a grinding sound every time I open the door. Lastly, the windshield wipers are brand new and whenever they return to the down position, there is a place on the windshield that is not cleared of water. Terrible vehicle.

no brainer for the price
By docrad1 on 03/03/14 15:55 PM (PST)

2014 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We looked at a lot of suvs used and new, when we added up the standard features the new gas mileage, the features and the package option that added a lot more for less than 1500 dollars this wa a no brainer. the safety features are great and at the price of the vehicle this is not even available in comparable suv's. the MPG in the 2014 models is enticing and makes you fell better buying this vehicle.

So incredibly impressed!
By stlrpsu on 03/01/14 13:52 PM (PST)

2014 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My lease was about up on my 2011 Mazda CX-9, which I loved. I decided to look at the Rogue since I loved the redesign. After test driving it I decided it was WELL worth getting a car that was a little smaller than the CX-9. The CVT has some noise but, honestly, it is the same as most engines revving up a hill or speeding up. It drive SOO smoothly. I got the Premium Package on the SL and it has EVERYTHING! The interior is beautiful, the touch screen is big and beautiful, the seats are SOO comfortable, and this car handles so amazingly well, as well as or better than my CX-9 did! I am getting about 23 mpg, but I only have about 400 miles on the car and I mainly drive city. Awesome car!

Good vehicle, a few disappointing SL features
By edub007 on 02/27/14 15:11 PM (PST)

2014 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The Rogue is a good vehicle, just a few disappointments in expensive features. It has comfortable leather seats and roomy interior. Rear seat has dedicated vents, slides forward/back, and reclines; comfortable for adults. In general, the CVT offers a smooth, comfortable ride. Unfortunately, The Lane departure warning generally doesn’t work and Frontal collision warning will go off when driving curvy roads. The Blind Spot Monitor sees ghost cars. I haven’t gotten better than 23mpg (40% highway) but was told it takes 3K miles before the engine reaches peak performance. The engine is noticeably loud and bothers me more than I thought it would but hopefully that will get better.

Almost a luxury car, and for a great price
By tsumeone on 02/26/14 07:43 AM (PST)

2014 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The 2014 rogue rides very smooth and I personally find it fun to drive. The car comes with a lot of amenities such as signals on the mirrors, push button start and access, single action fold down seats, LED daytime running lights, etc. The SV trim also comes standard with dual auto climate control and color radio screen. I got the premium package which has a nav system that works well enough. The interface can be a little quirky, however. The interior of the car has a very upscale feel to it especially considering the price point. It feels like you are in a much nicer car. I have not had the car long enough to really give an accurate review on reliability or gas mileage.

Fabulous vehicle!
By texlass63 on 02/24/14 09:11 AM (PST)

2014 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love this vehicle!!! I had a 2014 Honda CRV for a week and traded it in for the 2014 Rogue and am so happy now! I haven't finished mstering all of the buttons and commands yet but will have it shortly. The ride is very comfortable and don't hear any engine strain at all when accelerating. Haven't determined yet what the actual gas mileage is but will update later on. All of the features are great and it is SO comfortable to drive If the warning beeps get to be annoying I can and will shut them off, but for now not so bad. This vehicle should be, and hopefully will be soon, #1 in it's class. Just wish the auto dimming mirror came standard.

2014 Nissan Rogue SV - AWD - Owner's Impressions
By steveomaha on 02/17/14 20:01 PM (PST)

2014 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Just bought my 2014 Rogue SV with AWD a few days ago. Overall I really like the vehicle and think styling inside and out is much improved from the 2013 version. I am a pretty dedicated Nissan owner but also checked out the Subaru Forester, Toyota RAV4, and Chevy Equinox. I was sold on the Rogue's interior - looks and feels very upscale, better than its competitors, and the cabin is huge. The Sirius XM radio is awesome and Nissan gives you a 90-day trial to test it out. Mine came with dual climate control (have never had that before and love it!), pushbutton start, backup camera, and an extended power moonroof and it listed for just over $28,000. So, I feel the value was great.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Nissan Rogue in VA is:

$145 per month*