2014 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Nice SUV but bad AC
By jscak

2014 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought AWD SL 2014 Rogue in Apr 14. Only 4800 mils on it but havebeen to dealer two times due to auto AC problems. Dealer replaced seal on one visit but AC still not efficient. Seems to take forever to switch from recirc air to outside air in a relatively mild climate (Maryland). Dealer said AC working properly during last visit - if that's the case then AC is poorly sized for this vehicle. Had several other vehicles witn Auto AC and never had this problem - it was basically set-and-forget. Latest problem is cool air comes out of driver side vents but warm outside air out of passenger side with both sides set at 72 deg. Going back to dealer again.

Styling, technology, and lights

Needs better Air Conditioning. Current Auto AC, if it is proven to be functioning properly, is inefficient even in mild weather. Also "AC On" light is not always illuminated when AC is running (i.e, During cabin heating AC could be on even though the AC light is off) - dealer says this is to dehumidify incoming air. Don't like this setup since you feel cool air coming from vents when you are trying to heat interior.

LOVE LOVE LOVE my car
By jessikah0703

2014 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

There are a few things I would change about my car, like the light colored head liner, and maybe tint the windows but that's about it. The AC does take a a few minutes to cool the interior, but that's with any car in 100+ degree weather. My average fuel mileage is 27.5. Once I passed about 3,000 miles I started seeing an increase in my gas mileage. I am very rarely getting less that 29 mpg and that's in the city! I looked at every other option for a compact SUV and I really think I made the best decision. The rear AC vents are my favorite feature! My kids were actually complaining the other day about being cold and it was 98 degrees outside the car! Lifetime Chevy owner, turned Nissan Lover!

The rear AC vents, the comfortable seats. The rear leg room and comfort of the rear passengers.

Make the headliner and mirrors a darker color, it stains easily.

Agree.........the A/C is Pathetic
By fossilhunter

2014 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I refrained from writing a review on my Rogue as I've only had it 4 months but having read the previous reviewers gripe with the A/C, I decided to add my two cents. I live in Virginia and although this has been a mild summer in terms of heat, the A/C in my Rogue takes about 15 minutes to cool the cabin to a comfortable temperature. I took the car to the dealership and had them investigate. They said the A/C was cooling to 40 degrees as it was supposed to and by the service writer's own admission, on a really hot day, it could take 20 minutes for the cabin to cool. In addition, I can't dial back the blower speed because the cabin never gets that cold.

No regrets!
By vaslup

2014 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in my 2011 328xi BMW for the SL Rogue as I needed more space and better mileage. People get surprised when they sit in the back, feeling spacious and comfortable. I am getting 23-27 miles per gallon in the city and 31-33 in the highway and the average is about 27, outstanding! A bit slow at the beginning, but it was expected due to hp and 4 cyl; however, if you need that extra bust, press the "sport" button and you will be a bit surprised how much faster this baby can go. Great ride a and sound system better that my BMW. In my opinion, no other Crossover/SUV will give you a better bang for your buck, not to mention is good looking and stands out from the crowd!

BOSE Sound system, the fact that you can listen to your phone music (Pandora/MP3,etc) via Bluetooth no cables needed, interior space, navigation, and nice exterior.

Blind spot warning, but I guess we all should move the mirrors so far outward, problem is that we are not used to that.

Overall love it
By kdavis82712

2014 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We got hustled into buying a 2014 Ford Escape SE. Traded it two weeks later for the 2014 Nissan Rogue SV w/ premium package. Best decision ever! The only issues we've had are 1. the nav screen will say loading & you have to cut the car on & off a few times to get it to work. 2. The air takes about 5 mins to get cool. We live in a pretty hot place but even when the temp drops, the air still takes awhile to get cool. Asked the dealership about it. They did nothing. For a brand new car 5 mins to have COOL (not cold) air is ridiculous. Anyone else have this air issue??

full camera view with the curb side assistance, lane alerts, full moon roof, smooth ride, etc. Probably the nicest car I've had.

Blind spot view, cooler air.