2014 Nissan Rogue SV - AWD - Owner's Impressions
By steveomaha on
2014 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
Just bought my 2014 Rogue SV with AWD a few days ago. Overall I really like the vehicle and think styling inside and out is much improved from the 2013 version. I am a pretty dedicated Nissan owner but also checked out the Subaru Forester, Toyota RAV4, and Chevy Equinox. I was sold on the Rogue's interior - looks and feels very upscale, better than its competitors, and the cabin is huge. The Sirius XM radio is awesome and Nissan gives you a 90-day trial to test it out. Mine came with dual climate control (have never had that before and love it!), pushbutton start, backup camera, and an extended power moonroof and it listed for just over $28,000. So, I feel the value was great.
Favorite Features
Interior styling/design, comfortable seats, roomy interior, well organized dash, great amenities for the money, luxury feel, cruises quietly and has a comfortable ride. Engine RPM is only about 1500 or so cruising at 65 mph. Wind and road noise are very low. Prices were comparable to the RAV4's and lower than most of its other competitors with a similar feature set (including Hyundai's Tucson, surprisingly) but I think the Rogue looks and feels more upscale. Claimed 33 highway mpg which is awesome. Love the CVT.
Suggested Improvements
Engine needs more power - acceleration is OK, especially midrange, but off the line feels sluggish and the 170-hp 2.5 L 4-cyl is a rather aged design and this vehicle weights 3500 lbs +. Nissan claims 0-60 times are in the mid-8's but it does't feel that quick. I wish there were a turbo option like in some competitors, but there are no optional engines regardless of trim. Engine can be loud during low-speed acceleration but otherwise seems fine. Handling not great but not horrible either, but the tradeoff for a compliant, comfortable ride was worth it to me. People who like a softly-spring, comfortable road cruiser in s small SUV will likely appreciate this vehicle.
By steveomaha
on 03/29/14 10:51 AM (PDT)

I am the reviewer here. Still love the vehicle but have to concur with the other reviewers about gas mileage. Mine has not been good, around 24 mpg mixed overall, though have had as high as 29-30 straight highway. In any case, several mpg below the ratings. Still feel great about the choice I made but hopefully Nissan will address the mileage issue, which I mentioned in the survey they sent me.