2014 Nissan Rogue SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:
Goodbye, Ford
By southtx on 07/07/14 06:36 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Traded out of a very troublesome 2013 Escape into the Rogue SL with Nav. Comapring to the Escape, the Nissan has a bit more hard plastic, but the overall feel of 'quality' is better. The ride is noticeably smoother, even with much higher than suggested tire pressure. Also much quieter, both as to wind noise and tire/road noise. The CVT transmission seems a bit sluggish when shifting, but is very smooth. Fuel economy so far is steady at 26mpg combined, and a bit over 29 at 70mph... which is very good for a brand new vehicle.

Nissan's Warranty is very bad!
By jessekoehn on 06/05/14 13:51 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased a New 2014 Nissan Rogue Fully Loaded with all options AWD, but after 1 week Paint is now coming off the front bumper. Contacted Nissan Immediately only to get transferred to someone who will do nothing and stated that it must be bird [non-permissible content removed] and will not cover the quality of a Nissan product purchased after 7 days.

Supremely Happy With My New Rogue - It's In A Whole 'Nother League!
By nissmazlover on 05/28/14 15:02 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I am SO happy with my new '14 Rogue SL AWD and am totally in love with it! Nissan did a REALLY good job in this new redesign. I was a happy owner of a '11 Rogue SL AWD, but once I saw how nice this new baby was, I traded up! What an upgrade! This new Rogue not only looks better inside AND out, but it's better in EVERY way compared to the old one. It's good looking, comfortable, fuel efficient and SO nice to drive. My favorite feature is the supremely high build quality and luxurious feel of the car, in general. It feels like I'm driving a $40K car. And, I'm getting compliments on it EVERY where I drive. Do yourself a favor and sit in and test drive this car. You WILL be impressed!

Very nice, but...
By joe945 on 05/25/14 10:44 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We have had this car only 2 months now and have already had an issue with it. The navigation/entertainment system stopped working for about 24 hours. It happened when I went to move the car off the street and into the garage. I noticed it start and then turn off when I shifted into reverse. Then it would not turn on no matter what buttons were pressed. A day later it started working again. My guess is that I shifted into reverse too quickly as the system appears to need time to boot up or maybe it was because I did not fasten my seat belt. Whatever the cause was, we haven't noticed any issues with it since. I saw a couple of other posts about this before, but now they are gone? Anyone else?

LYING NISSAN
By consilium on 05/04/14 19:45 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased the 2014 Rogue SL AWD The interior lay out is quit well I love the soft touch materials around the cabin also the seats are very comfortable both front and rear. The Infotainment works OK, but While navigating through the menus I see a lag within the response. The power lift gate is convenient. The EPA estimate for the Rogue AWD is 25 city/32 highway averaging 28 MPG. My best MPG is 34.8 Worst MPG 24.3, to attain the 34.8 MPG I have to drive the speed limit, but I think it's worth it. the O/D button works well when passing 18 wheeler's or zipping through traffic. Overall I am happy with my investment & advise anybody who is shopping for a SUV to test drive the Rogue.

Fantastic car all around!
By johnny1965 on 04/23/14 12:06 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Rogue SUV SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This crossover is designed for luxury! It's wonderfully appointed & plush with padded dash, plush padded door armrests & center console as well as the most comfortable seats. Mine included navigation upgrade and panoramic moonroof. It is impressive! I've had mine < 3 months and average between 23.3 and 28 MPG CITY driving. Acceleration is not an issue. I notice that I am still way ahead of about 90% of traffic when leaving an intersection without even close to flooring it. Buy a Mustang if you feel you HAVE to be 1st. No acceleration safety issues here! I was sold on the 2014 RAV4, but is just simply cheap looking and feeling compared to 2014 Rogue. Toyota really screwed up.

Excellent SUV...
By ryanm3 on 04/21/14 14:52 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Rogue SUV SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Had the car only for a week now but purchased other Nissan vehicles in the past so I can pretty much attest to the quality. We looked at the CR-V (read about dim headlight issues) and the RAV-4 prior before purchasing the rogue. The exterior of the RAV-4 is bland and the interior is downright horrible and cheap looking. The Rogue is just as comparable to the RAV-4 in terms of cargo space but is dare I say.. slightly luxurious in regard to interior! We have the black cloth seats along with the moonroof which are simply beautiful. High quality interior materials, ample space, sleek exterior, quiet, simple controls, good gas mileage, and just a comfortable ride. Get it!!

So Happy with this 2014 Nissan Rogue SV
By jlbwhite on 04/17/14 19:51 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Rogue SUV SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I researched which car to buy for months and when I saw the re-design of the Nissan Rogue, I knew they got it right. Went and test drove the Cr-V, the Insight, and then the Rogue. The SV had cloth seats, which I prefer, but I could get a panoramic sunroof and the back-up camera with this model. That was all I needed. The car is super sharp in black, it's just a pleasure to own, it's so well made. I highly recommend this car. I think that for future models, they will give the engine a bit more juice - it could be peppier. But I don't care as much about that, and it's plenty responsive for me. I feel so pampered in this car -- highly recommend.

Reality with MPG
By jadecan on 04/07/14 10:33 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love my new Rogue! It drives so quiet and smooth compared to the Honda I had! I am hearing a lot of concerns about the Rogue not living up to the MPG. With any vehicle the MPG are based on a standard way of driving the vehicle. If you hit the highway and put your gas pedal to the floor and drive 75-80 every where you go, yes, you will be lucky to get 24-25 mpg- its a 4 cyl. engine that you are making work overtime. I believe the standards used for all vehicles for highway testing is 60-65 mph. With normal acceleration- no noise! I have been averaging about 30 mpg on the highway when doing the speed limit.

Yeah, a good choice.
By paul1944 on 03/25/14 18:50 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Traded 2010 Tucson Limited, what an upgrade! RAV 4 too much black plastic on ext. Weird door panel design on interior and felt smaller. Ford Escapeescape looks like a Tucson and Ford Touch not easy to use, I have it in my Mustang. Mazda C5 just too small, lacks refinement. Rogue just has a very classy look and it seems larger. Rogues Lexus like interior really well done, tasteful and comfortable. Most Knobs & dials within easy reach. Apps,sound system, blue tooth, touch screen very easy operation. Raised rear seats nice touch, rear passengers can see where we are headed. I rated reliability avg. because it is new. Fun to drive? Not a sports car, but a refined, comfy ride.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Nissan Rogue Suv in VA is:

$139 per month*