2014 Nissan Rogue SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Rogue SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

one problem after another
By ibali

2014 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Leased in Jan 2014 Problems: Day 2: headlights needed to be adjusted, blinding on coming drivers. Week 2: back windshield replaced; major leak Month 2: GPS/radio system changed Month 6: Air bag light went on for the day; eventually fixed itself Month 6: All air system blocked; fan working but NO air coming out; fixed itself after 3 hours in temps > 90 degrees! Month 12: Shifter assembly broken Month 15: seat assembly broken (drivers side) Month 16: CVT transmission grinding; replaced whole transmission Now: have no choice but to get extended warranty as approaching 40,000 miles! Reminds me of my old Kia, actually might be worse!

Very comfortable, plenty of interior space.

Quality is [non-permissible content removed] poor. If I wanted an American car, I would have leased one! Compared to my Toyota and Suzuki, this car is BAD!

A purchase full of regrets
By danielbrian142

2014 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I completely regret this purchase. Iím a mid-30s guy, and this is bar far the worst new car Iíve ever owned. Iíve been lucky enough to own 4 in my life, all Hondas. But after the infotainment issues in my Accord, I went on a limb. The limb broke about 3 months into ownership, when a persistent rattle started in the dash where the instrument panel connects. About two weeks later, upon the first below freezing cold spell, the sunroof started to rattle when the cover was opened. Three visits to the dealership later, the problems are still present. Their fixes last for about a week, and then the problems return. The blind spot system is also completely useless in the rain b/c of false +s.

The around camera system is superb. I wish all cars had this option. I like the LED headlights as well.

Fix the build quality issues. Re-design the blind spot system. Use higher quality leather as the tan leather is already showing discoloration after 8700 miles of use. Offer a buy-back program for your crappy 1st year models!

2014 Nissan Rouge SV
By Desire Me

2014 Nissan Rogue SUV SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've bought this SUV in July 2014. I am impressed with most of the features, except the claimed mileage! I do not get over 18mpg driving mostly highway. Also, the lift gate has stopped functioning, GPS unit turns off by itself. front passenger seat vibrates while on ideal. Passenger airbag turns on by itself.

Very Impressed
By Barry Pardo

2014 Nissan Rogue SUV SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We watched youtube videos on all comprable suv's, we test drove all of them having to decide between the Nissan and the Subaru. I have had the Rouge SV with the tech package and have put almost 15000 miles on it since Feb. 2014. It drives great, we did bring it to the dealer only once to reset the computer on its first tank of gas because it did not do it automatically. I have no complaints and have had Nissans with great experiances in the past.

The 360 degree view going forwards and backwards is incredible, we added leather because we don't use a sun roof and did not want to pay the difference for the SL. I have not had any problems to speak of, this is the first vehicle with the ccvt and it has not been noisey as some of the reviews we have read about.

This car has been great and nothing to improve upon as of yet.

Great small SUV
By carolinabob

2014 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Great small, but not too small, SUV. The FWD version gets very good mileage and is the most comfortable and quietest riding of any small SUV. Luxurious interior and lots of gadgets, especially if you get the SL with Premium Package. Lots of safety devices. Voice control of infotainment takes some getting used to and is a little slow, but it works fine. Only problem so far is the sunvisors wouldn't hold position, but that was probably a supplier issue. Both replaced and no problems since. NO CVT noise even going up 6-8% grades in the mountains; no searching by CVT either. Prices much more reasonable than CV-T and RAV4.

Quiet, comfortable, audio, dual HVAC, space, safety features, powered liftgate.

The panoramic sunroof needs to be able to open only front portion of shade instead of both. Voice control should permit responding before gets to end of lists of possible commands.