2014 Nissan Rogue SUV Consumer Reviews

2014 Nissan Rogue SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:
Nissan Fan Until 2014
By aresto on 01/12/15 06:46 AM (PST)

2014 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've had this car for 10 months now and have already had various issues. The navigation/entertainment system stopped working suddenly for about 24 hours (3 times), still does on and off. I loved the idea that it was SXM ready. In Puerto Rico the SXM satellite radio does not work, Nissan did not associate with Sirius XM in the area. Sunroof started making noise, back took to repair shop, they un-assembled it, a month passed and noise started again, back to shop, still fighting the battle. I've been stopped by Cops 2 times, low head lights too bright. Very depressing when you purchase a new vehicle and it gives you many problems. I'm no longer a Nissan Fan. Anyone else with these issues?

Buyer Beware
By tiffanyflash on 12/30/14 18:17 PM (PST)

2014 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Logged over 10,000 miles on this vehicle: now the problems have surfaced. Tailgate malfunction, brake system, Navi malfunction and shutdown.. good luck trying to get problems resolved.

Very Satisfied
By pickyavlbuyer on 11/07/14 18:10 PM (PST)

2014 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I did considerable research, and kept coming back to the Rogue to meet my needs. After several weeks of ownership this car has exceeded my expectations. The SL is very luxurious and feature laden. Essentially everything seems to be well executed. And the performance is just fine - much better than I expected after reading some of the reviews. This is a great vehicle for its purpose.

Our Third Rogue:
By pkrfan on 10/13/14 14:29 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We leased a Rogue in 2009, and again in 2012. We turned the 2012 Rogue in early and leased a new 2014 recently. We enjoyed the earlier Rogues but find this new one to offer features that will be to our benefit.

Very Fun Car
By rgp1000 on 08/25/14 18:31 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Did a lot of research and picked the Rogue in Midnight Jade. Surprised every 3rd car on the road isnt 1. Ive found 4 distinct driving modes. The put it in drive and go mode, the Low mode- for slow, bad conditions driving, sport mode-yahoo. when I get it broke in Ill b using almost exclusively. Last is turning off the OD or over-drive. Great for going up hills. I dont have to worry about mph, live close to work, so when the motor is broke in...sport mode! The active trace- inside wheels brake slightly is nice. But the birdseye-view camera is awesome, better than I thought. I feel if I didnt get a lemon, ill be raving about this car for years.

Nice SUV but bad AC
By jscak on 08/17/14 12:41 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought AWD SL 2014 Rogue in Apr 14. Only 4800 mils on it but havebeen to dealer two times due to auto AC problems. Dealer replaced seal on one visit but AC still not efficient. Seems to take forever to switch from recirc air to outside air in a relatively mild climate (Maryland). Dealer said AC working properly during last visit - if that's the case then AC is poorly sized for this vehicle. Had several other vehicles witn Auto AC and never had this problem - it was basically set-and-forget. Latest problem is cool air comes out of driver side vents but warm outside air out of passenger side with both sides set at 72 deg. Going back to dealer again.

LOVE LOVE LOVE my car
By jessikah0703 on 08/12/14 09:06 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

There are a few things I would change about my car, like the light colored head liner, and maybe tint the windows but that's about it. The AC does take a a few minutes to cool the interior, but that's with any car in 100+ degree weather. My average fuel mileage is 27.5. Once I passed about 3,000 miles I started seeing an increase in my gas mileage. I am very rarely getting less that 29 mpg and that's in the city! I looked at every other option for a compact SUV and I really think I made the best decision. The rear AC vents are my favorite feature! My kids were actually complaining the other day about being cold and it was 98 degrees outside the car! Lifetime Chevy owner, turned Nissan Lover!

Agree.........the A/C is Pathetic
By fossilhunter on 08/10/14 06:43 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I refrained from writing a review on my Rogue as I've only had it 4 months but having read the previous reviewers gripe with the A/C, I decided to add my two cents. I live in Virginia and although this has been a mild summer in terms of heat, the A/C in my Rogue takes about 15 minutes to cool the cabin to a comfortable temperature. I took the car to the dealership and had them investigate. They said the A/C was cooling to 40 degrees as it was supposed to and by the service writer's own admission, on a really hot day, it could take 20 minutes for the cabin to cool. In addition, I can't dial back the blower speed because the cabin never gets that cold.

No regrets!
By vaslup on 08/08/14 22:54 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in my 2011 328xi BMW for the SL Rogue as I needed more space and better mileage. People get surprised when they sit in the back, feeling spacious and comfortable. I am getting 23-27 miles per gallon in the city and 31-33 in the highway and the average is about 27, outstanding! A bit slow at the beginning, but it was expected due to hp and 4 cyl; however, if you need that extra bust, press the "sport" button and you will be a bit surprised how much faster this baby can go. Great ride a and sound system better that my BMW. In my opinion, no other Crossover/SUV will give you a better bang for your buck, not to mention is good looking and stands out from the crowd!

Overall love it
By kdavis82712 on 08/06/14 14:25 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Rogue SUV SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We got hustled into buying a 2014 Ford Escape SE. Traded it two weeks later for the 2014 Nissan Rogue SV w/ premium package. Best decision ever! The only issues we've had are 1. the nav screen will say loading & you have to cut the car on & off a few times to get it to work. 2. The air takes about 5 mins to get cool. We live in a pretty hot place but even when the temp drops, the air still takes awhile to get cool. Asked the dealership about it. They did nothing. For a brand new car 5 mins to have COOL (not cold) air is ridiculous. Anyone else have this air issue??