2014 Nissan Rogue SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

A purchase full of regrets
By danielbrian142

2014 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I completely regret this purchase. Iím a mid-30s guy, and this is bar far the worst new car Iíve ever owned. Iíve been lucky enough to own 4 in my life, all Hondas. But after the infotainment issues in my Accord, I went on a limb. The limb broke about 3 months into ownership, when a persistent rattle started in the dash where the instrument panel connects. About two weeks later, upon the first below freezing cold spell, the sunroof started to rattle when the cover was opened. Three visits to the dealership later, the problems are still present. Their fixes last for about a week, and then the problems return. The blind spot system is also completely useless in the rain b/c of false +s.

Favorite Features

The around camera system is superb. I wish all cars had this option. I like the LED headlights as well.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the build quality issues. Re-design the blind spot system. Use higher quality leather as the tan leather is already showing discoloration after 8700 miles of use. Offer a buy-back program for your crappy 1st year models!

2014 Nissan Rouge SV
By Desire Me

2014 Nissan Rogue SUV SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've bought this SUV in July 2014. I am impressed with most of the features, except the claimed mileage! I do not get over 18mpg driving mostly highway. Also, the lift gate has stopped functioning, GPS unit turns off by itself. front passenger seat vibrates while on ideal. Passenger airbag turns on by itself.

Very Impressed
By Barry Pardo

2014 Nissan Rogue SUV SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We watched youtube videos on all comprable suv's, we test drove all of them having to decide between the Nissan and the Subaru. I have had the Rouge SV with the tech package and have put almost 15000 miles on it since Feb. 2014. It drives great, we did bring it to the dealer only once to reset the computer on its first tank of gas because it did not do it automatically. I have no complaints and have had Nissans with great experiances in the past.

Favorite Features

The 360 degree view going forwards and backwards is incredible, we added leather because we don't use a sun roof and did not want to pay the difference for the SL. I have not had any problems to speak of, this is the first vehicle with the ccvt and it has not been noisey as some of the reviews we have read about.

Suggested Improvements

This car has been great and nothing to improve upon as of yet.

Great small SUV
By carolinabob

2014 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Great small, but not too small, SUV. The FWD version gets very good mileage and is the most comfortable and quietest riding of any small SUV. Luxurious interior and lots of gadgets, especially if you get the SL with Premium Package. Lots of safety devices. Voice control of infotainment takes some getting used to and is a little slow, but it works fine. Only problem so far is the sunvisors wouldn't hold position, but that was probably a supplier issue. Both replaced and no problems since. NO CVT noise even going up 6-8% grades in the mountains; no searching by CVT either. Prices much more reasonable than CV-T and RAV4.

Favorite Features

Quiet, comfortable, audio, dual HVAC, space, safety features, powered liftgate.

Suggested Improvements

The panoramic sunroof needs to be able to open only front portion of shade instead of both. Voice control should permit responding before gets to end of lists of possible commands.

Nissan Fan Until 2014
By aresto

2014 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've had this car for 10 months now and have already had various issues. The navigation/entertainment system stopped working suddenly for about 24 hours (3 times), still does on and off. I loved the idea that it was SXM ready. In Puerto Rico the SXM satellite radio does not work, Nissan did not associate with Sirius XM in the area. Sunroof started making noise, back took to repair shop, they un-assembled it, a month passed and noise started again, back to shop, still fighting the battle. I've been stopped by Cops 2 times, low head lights too bright. Very depressing when you purchase a new vehicle and it gives you many problems. I'm no longer a Nissan Fan. Anyone else with these issues?

Favorite Features

Other than the issues expressed, overall performance is good.

Suggested Improvements

Correct the headlight problems and activate SXM satellite for Puerto Rico.