Used 2013 Nissan Rogue SUV Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Rogue SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Go Rogue
By Alison Bartlett

2013 Nissan Rogue SUV SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Never leave the keys in the ignition, you will be locked out of the car! I hope this to is a glitch particular to my vehicle though, since no car should auto lock with the keys in the ignition, but beware. My dealership, of course, says nothing is wrong with it, go figure. Blind spots are larger than I would like. The CVT transmission is NOT loud! The gas mileage is great for an AWD vehicle, and my tires are not wearing out due to that, which I had always believed would be the case. Storage of personal items interior is awkward, but the rear storage and split back seat is very convenient. I live in Maine, and have always driven with studded snow tires in winter months. Since I bought this car two years ago, with only average tires (Goodyear Destination) from the dealer, I have felt more than safe and have been in control of the vehicle at every moment. Nissan in general is a top choice for your money, this is my third. The cost of this certified pre-owned car included a 100,000 mile bumper-to-bumper from the dealer on top of the factory warranty, so I am confident you can get one for much less than I did.

Death trap
By Rosalie

2013 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Accelerated on it own. Could have killed someone or have been killed. Noticed early on that if I left in running in the driveway it would accelerate while in park. Just thought it was a idiosyncracy of the car. What really got me is the first thing Nissan asked was how OLD was the driver. Then within a few hours after reporting the incident I got a call from a Nissan salesman suggesting I by a new car. How tacky. We were still in shock that this happened.

Long drives make it a bit sluggish
By Mr. Brewski

2013 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

While driving from maryland to Hershey PA, after two hours of highway driving the Rogue tried to stall out and was sluggish off the line - like it was not getting gas. While driving from maryland ri the outerbanks NC. the Rogue was having trouble keeping up with traffic. After 3 hours of highway driving the car could not keep speed, when we stopped to get food at the first light it barely moved after stopping! After lunch it was back to normal and fine but this is two times in same summer. Currently has 89k miles.

Transmission Overheat and Failure
By Kirk

2013 Rogue, Vin ….638061
Transmission failed at 62,135 miles. Overheated. No prior problems or repairs. Dealership recommendation is replace transmission and add an transmission cooler. Sold in Georgia operated in Georgia and needs a transmission cooler to continue to operate in Georgia?! Escalated to Nissan regional but will not cover it. Nissan has had an endemic problem with prior year model across multiple models that is clearly continuing. I have owned multiple Nissan products for close to 30-years that I have happy with, but no more. Lifetime customer lost.
WILL NOT BUY OR RECOMMEND NISSAN!!

Rogue SUV review
By Michael Hall

2013 Nissan Rogue SUV SV 4dr SUV AWD w/SL Package (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This car is great for a combination of urban and mountain, recreational use.