A solid CUV
By terrancesneed on
2013 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I purchased my Rogue in June of 2013. So far, it has proven to be a reliable, comfortable, and fun to drive vehicle. I test drove The Jeep Patriot, Toyota Rav-4, and Ford Escape, before choosing the Rogue. The Rav-4 and Escape were nice, but were pricey. As for the Patriot; no comment smh. The Rogue's smooth ride, decent acceleration, nice handling, and fair asking price were what sold me. The CVT does take some getting use to, but it serves it purpose. MPG ranges between 23.5 and 26.7. Only issue I have is I wish it was just a bit larger. The cargo space is modest but I knew that when I bought it. Overall it's a good vehicle, although I think a Tucson or Sportage gives more bang for buck.
Favorite Features
Very easy to drive, good road manners, tight turning circle, base stereo has nice sound, heat, ac, and defroster work great. MPG is pretty good for an SUV. Visibility is good.
Suggested Improvements
Well Nissan now has a 2014 that I wish I would have waited for, but this generation could have benefited from more power(The 2013 Altima engine would have been a good swap). A better interior design(build quality is good, but it is just a sea of black).The CVT is noisy at low speeds, and it would have been nice if the Rogue was bigger. The cargo area is on the slim side but is still much better than a sedan. Finally the base model should have more standard equipment(bluetooth and steering wheel volume controls), I see this has been addressed in the 2014 model.