2012 Nissan Rogue Consumer Review: Great small SUV at 3500 miles!

2012 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Review

SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic)

Great small SUV at 3500 miles!! VERY happy!
By pjclark4 on

2012 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The drive is terrific. Plenty of pick up. Not sure why anyone would need a V6. I mean, if you want to drive that fast, buy a sports car. The 4 cyl has more than enough to get us on the highway and for passing. At 6ft 2 and lanky as can be, I am extremely comfortable. Plenty of leg room in the front, although I can't speak for the back as I've never sat in it. My 5ft 7in wife fits fine in the back behind me with two car seats though, so that says something. After 3500 miles, the MPG estimates appear dead on. We can get 30 going 55 in flatter areas, 23 around town (DC), and 27ish at my preferred 80mph on the high. I'll take that for an SUV filled to the brim most days.

MPG is almost exactly on the estimates. We have even gotten better, but never worse. There is an MPG monitor that helps you drive more efficiently, which is awesome. Very, Very comfortable seats. I have a bad back and am tall, but I feel fine after 5 hour trips. Back up camera is great. All controls are easily reachable and easy to figure out. Like the backup camera, Bluetooth will always be in our cars from now on. What a great feature. Sounds great on both ends, caller ID shows up on the screen, and it's easy to use. iPod connection is amazing. You can control your iPod from the dash. 'Nuff said. Sufficient cargo room for a family of 4.

Auto headlights. Let's be serious. That should be standard. Come on Nissan. However, we knew that going in. Light in the cargo area.