Nice Drive
By nakkers on
2012 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
Coming from 2010 Ford Escape xlt, fwd, 4 cyl, to a 2012 Rogue SV. The Rogue's quality of materials feel much better than the Escape. Also drives more like a car and much quieter. In the past week, I've put it through nearly 3000 kms. I'm on the road a lot. I like the CVT when at highway speed and having to pass. Very smooth. It is a bit unusual when getting up to speed from the on-ramp but, I think it's pretty easy to get used to. Feels planted and tracks well.
Favorite Features
Back up camera is handy as the rear window is on the small side. Looking forward to trying the heated cloth seats in the winter. The ipod interface with the stereo works well and the blue tooth performs well. Coming from Ford's excellent Sync system, I was a bit concerned it may not function as nicely. It does so and very well.
Suggested Improvements
The HVAC/radio and controls all function well. However, the interior is spartan and lacks places to put things for a driver on the fly. The glove box is huge but, that doesn't help when you need something while driving. The center arm rest is ok but, it's just a deep hole for things to get lost. I need access to a pen and paper, coffee, change, wallet etc. Doesn't seem like a lot but, when you work on the road and have a lot of things on the go, it's nice to have options to keep things organized. I find the Rogue lacks in storage options. Maybe I'm just nit picking.
By crd1029
on 09/01/12 19:58 PM (PDT)

Right on! After having driven the 2013 Ford Escape, the 2013 Mazda CX-5, the 2012 Mitsubishi Outlander, and the 2013 Honda CR-V, I bought a 2012 Nissan Rogue. I had owned a 2008 Rogue which I liked, but this new version is even better. The ride is a tad smoother, the engine quieter, the interior is intuitive and quality-looking, and the back-up camera is great. I accelerate gradually and never hear the "drone" some reviewers complain about. My mileage is excellent.....averaging @ 27 mpg in mixed driving. Good mix of utility (hauling stuff) and fun to drive. I highly recommend the Rogue.