Used 2012 Nissan Rogue SV SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Nissan Rogue SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Great small SUV at 3500 miles!! VERY happy!
By pjclark4

2012 Nissan Rogue SUV SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The drive is terrific. Plenty of pick up. Not sure why anyone would need a V6. I mean, if you want to drive that fast, buy a sports car. The 4 cyl has more than enough to get us on the highway and for passing. At 6ft 2 and lanky as can be, I am extremely comfortable. Plenty of leg room in the front, although I can't speak for the back as I've never sat in it. My 5ft 7in wife fits fine in the back behind me with two car seats though, so that says something. After 3500 miles, the MPG estimates appear dead on. We can get 30 going 55 in flatter areas, 23 around town (DC), and 27ish at my preferred 80mph on the high. I'll take that for an SUV filled to the brim most days.

MPG is almost exactly on the estimates. We have even gotten better, but never worse. There is an MPG monitor that helps you drive more efficiently, which is awesome. Very, Very comfortable seats. I have a bad back and am tall, but I feel fine after 5 hour trips. Back up camera is great. All controls are easily reachable and easy to figure out. Like the backup camera, Bluetooth will always be in our cars from now on. What a great feature. Sounds great on both ends, caller ID shows up on the screen, and it's easy to use. iPod connection is amazing. You can control your iPod from the dash. 'Nuff said. Sufficient cargo room for a family of 4.

Auto headlights. Let's be serious. That should be standard. Come on Nissan. However, we knew that going in. Light in the cargo area.

Nice Drive
By nakkers

2012 Nissan Rogue SUV SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Coming from 2010 Ford Escape xlt, fwd, 4 cyl, to a 2012 Rogue SV. The Rogue's quality of materials feel much better than the Escape. Also drives more like a car and much quieter. In the past week, I've put it through nearly 3000 kms. I'm on the road a lot. I like the CVT when at highway speed and having to pass. Very smooth. It is a bit unusual when getting up to speed from the on-ramp but, I think it's pretty easy to get used to. Feels planted and tracks well.

Back up camera is handy as the rear window is on the small side. Looking forward to trying the heated cloth seats in the winter. The ipod interface with the stereo works well and the blue tooth performs well. Coming from Ford's excellent Sync system, I was a bit concerned it may not function as nicely. It does so and very well.

The HVAC/radio and controls all function well. However, the interior is spartan and lacks places to put things for a driver on the fly. The glove box is huge but, that doesn't help when you need something while driving. The center arm rest is ok but, it's just a deep hole for things to get lost. I need access to a pen and paper, coffee, change, wallet etc. Doesn't seem like a lot but, when you work on the road and have a lot of things on the go, it's nice to have options to keep things organized. I find the Rogue lacks in storage options. Maybe I'm just nit picking.

Love my Rogue!
By crd1029

2012 Nissan Rogue SUV SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased a 2012 Subaru Outback three months ago. Though I had read some reviews about the numb steering, I figured I'd test-drive it. The ride and quietness of the car was amazing! The interior was of high quality. It was very roomy and the exterior handsome. But the steering! WOW!! The wheel feels like it weighs 20 lbs. It is numb and unresponsive. It wasn't until I drove it on the highway that I realized how awful the steering really was. The car wanders all over the road and the center of gravity keeps shifting left and right. Scary! After 2500 miles, I traded it in on a 2012 Rogue. LOVE IT!! It has more pep, steers great, is quiet, attractive, and fun to drive. Thank you Nissan!!!!

Steering, CVT, quietness of engine.