Used 2012 Nissan Rogue S SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Two years old less than 45k engine FAILURE
By bowiestategrad

2012 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Two years in as im driving down the highway truck began to rev high and loose speed rapidly. Took it to the dealer and was told they found an error code but would need to duplicate the problem. After they had it for three days and put over 100 miles on it, the final decision was since it did not have engine failure on them the vehicle was safe and reliable to drive. Spoke with Nissan USA, and was informed I would have to get stuck on the side of the road again, bring the vehicle back and then they would look further into fixing my troubles. This will be the LAST nissan/Infiniti I EVER purchase as they do not stand by their vehicles.. as previously stated I had less than 45k!

Favorite Features

The camera on the Special Edition was nice, other than that no real bang for the feature side.

Suggested Improvements

The truck could be faster, as well as built better. Having engine problems after only two years with less than 45k is ridiculous. Nissan not standing behind its product just makes the situation worse.

2 years old and already major repairs.
By tjleck

2012 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The CVT poses major safety concerns. My car lost power on the freeway in heavy traffic slowing to less than 20mile per hour. My car is 2 years old and just over the power train warranty of 60k. I was told it would be 3k to replace the transmission. This reminds me of the old lemons of the 80's when quality was at all time lows. This is the last Nissan I'll ever own.

Favorite Features

Nothing.

Suggested Improvements

Lose the CVT. Increase the warranty if the cars aren't going to be built better!.

Paint Problem with Pearl White
By rough61

2012 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought 2012 Rogue in Dec.2011. Now I only drove 10,000km. I noticed there are so many yellow dots under the paint and all over the car body. When you touch it, the surfact is smooth and you are unable to wash it way. even with Wax. I call dealer and booked an appointment tomorrow.