Used 2012 Nissan Rogue SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Two years old less than 45k engine FAILURE
By bowiestategrad

2012 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Two years in as im driving down the highway truck began to rev high and loose speed rapidly. Took it to the dealer and was told they found an error code but would need to duplicate the problem. After they had it for three days and put over 100 miles on it, the final decision was since it did not have engine failure on them the vehicle was safe and reliable to drive. Spoke with Nissan USA, and was informed I would have to get stuck on the side of the road again, bring the vehicle back and then they would look further into fixing my troubles. This will be the LAST nissan/Infiniti I EVER purchase as they do not stand by their vehicles.. as previously stated I had less than 45k!

Favorite Features

The camera on the Special Edition was nice, other than that no real bang for the feature side.

Suggested Improvements

The truck could be faster, as well as built better. Having engine problems after only two years with less than 45k is ridiculous. Nissan not standing behind its product just makes the situation worse.

2 years old and already major repairs.
By tjleck

2012 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The CVT poses major safety concerns. My car lost power on the freeway in heavy traffic slowing to less than 20mile per hour. My car is 2 years old and just over the power train warranty of 60k. I was told it would be 3k to replace the transmission. This reminds me of the old lemons of the 80's when quality was at all time lows. This is the last Nissan I'll ever own.

Favorite Features

Nothing.

Suggested Improvements

Lose the CVT. Increase the warranty if the cars aren't going to be built better!.

Don't be deceived...
By cheermom3

2012 Nissan Rogue SUV SV 4dr SUV AWD w/SL Package (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I drove my Rogue for two years until I just couldn't take it another day. The "drone" is annoying, every fast excelled action and hill you climb you won't hear the radio. The "premium" package features stink! Visibility is tough with huge blind spots for highway driving and backing up. The Bluetooth lags so much that I was always talking over the person so I ended up still holding my phone while driving. The GPS setup was worse than the Tom Tom I had for 5+ years, it didn't recognize streets that have been around forever and does not give street names in 2012! The interior cabin has little to no room, road trips are very uncomfortable. Clear coat does not stand up to bird drops.

Favorite Features

AWD and anti lock breaks were good in the snow. It's a nice looking vehicle. The reverse camera was great.

Suggested Improvements

Redesign interior for more comfort, improve visibility, improve premium upgrades.

Poor rear visibility, road noise, good value
By mando621

2012 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I replaced my aging 2004 Honda CRV with a 2012 Nissan Rogue and the difference in visibility on the sides and out the back window is striking. The rear window is small and high, and I never feel confident when backing. Typical cabin. It is next to impossible to retrieve an item that falls between the front seat and the console. You literally need a wire hanger or something that narrow. Huge glove box and console but no small spaces for phone, etc. The performance is typical of any new vehicle, it runs and handles fine. I enjoy driving it except when it comes to backing. Compared to my friend's 2012 RAV 4, the road noise is very noticeable. The onboard spare limits cargo space.

Favorite Features

Looks good, runs fine. Comfortable seats. Temperature control is good, heats up and cools down quickly. Handles well in slush compared to other small SUVs I have owned. Easy to convert rear seats to cargo space. Set up to play Ipod.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger rear window. Less space devoted to huge glove box and console and more useful space available for placement of smaller items such as phone, ipod, change, etc. Better separation between console and seats at least wide enough to fit your hand so fallen items can be retrieved. Move spare to rear door to increase cargo space.

My Wife and I Love this SUV
By georgebake

2012 Nissan Rogue SUV SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We have absolutly have no complaints about the car. I test drove Suburu, Honda CR-V, Toyota Rav 4, Ford Escape and Hyandai Santa Fe and the Rogue blew them all away. Very good ride, quiet, confortable seats, lots of room. We got the premimium package which provides back up camera, GPS, auto head lights, roof rails, keyless entry and start and power seats, all for about $1400.00 for the package. My wife is 65 and she says it is the best car she has ever owned. I have a CX-9 which I love but prefer to drive the Rogue. Great pickup and very quiet. Great rebates (2K).

Favorite Features

Handling, seat comfort, quiet cab, back up camera, XM radio, pickup and a fun car to be in and to drive. Getting about 22 MPG around town. Great in snow (AWD). Love the size. plenty of storage space. Good visibility. love the high quality of this SUV

Suggested Improvements

nothing