2012 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:
Poor rear visibility, road noise, good value
By mando621 on 01/10/13 19:42 PM (PST)

2012 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I replaced my aging 2004 Honda CRV with a 2012 Nissan Rogue and the difference in visibility on the sides and out the back window is striking. The rear window is small and high, and I never feel confident when backing. Typical cabin. It is next to impossible to retrieve an item that falls between the front seat and the console. You literally need a wire hanger or something that narrow. Huge glove box and console but no small spaces for phone, etc. The performance is typical of any new vehicle, it runs and handles fine. I enjoy driving it except when it comes to backing. Compared to my friend's 2012 RAV 4, the road noise is very noticeable. The onboard spare limits cargo space.

Ideal choice for Singles and Small Family
By supragya on 08/27/12 09:52 AM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought Nissan Rogue 2012 S AWD Special Edition. Requirement - Looking for a crossover which could address the requirements for small family (couple and an infant) and it fit the bill perfectly. - AWD - We get lot of snow here in Phily and AWD became a necessity. Rationale and Decision Making. - Special Edition provided very good value esp with the reverse parking camera (and 15" aluminium wheels, steering mounted controls, privacy glass, decent audio system) and fog lamps; a must for this SUV which huge D Pillars which limits visibility.

rogue has vibration issues
By driver735 on 06/19/12 08:57 AM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I recently purchased a nissan rogue, after driving the car for a couple of days i noticed a strange vibration coming from the vehicle. I brought it back to garden city several times, each time i was given a different explanation as to what was causing the vibration. Finally on my last visit i was told that the cause was the cvt transmission and that this was normal. This vibration makes for a terrible driving experience. An automobile should run smoothly. I suggest any one interested in buying the nissan rogue to find something else.

love everything but the engine
By bellasmom2 on 06/03/12 18:14 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Love everything about it except it's 4 cyl. only option. It goes NO WHERE when I hit the gas. In summer, I have to turn the air conditioner off to get onto the highway! After being on the highway for a while with the A/C running and then stopping, I press on the accelerator to find the car doesn't even move. I thought it had broken down in the middle of the road until it started inching along. I took it to the dealership and they told me that there's nothing wrong with it. The engine performance is a joke! I called the dealership to ask if the 2012 would come with the 6 cyl. option and they told me to buy a Murano. Sorry Nissan, the Murano is too big so now I'm seeking another brand!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Nissan Rogue in VA is:

$143 per month*