Used 2012 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Do Not buy worst car ever and sevire like no other.
By carman106

2012 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV AWD w/SL Package (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased a 2012 Rogue used. It had about 28000 mile. At 32000 miles the transmission acted up one day on my way to work. I try to take it in for service and was met by the rudest people ever. Nothing was done to fix it only excuses was made. I called Nissan Costumer Service, I was told that the dealership are not corporately owned and nothing they can do. As far as fixing the car they were not interested. At 40000 mile the car did the exact same thing. I was then told by the service manger " If the transmission only acts up ever couple of months, Its not considered a problem worth fixing or looking into fixing."

None.

Need major transmission improvement. Not a car if you want reliability.

Two years old less than 45k engine FAILURE
By bowiestategrad

2012 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Two years in as im driving down the highway truck began to rev high and loose speed rapidly. Took it to the dealer and was told they found an error code but would need to duplicate the problem. After they had it for three days and put over 100 miles on it, the final decision was since it did not have engine failure on them the vehicle was safe and reliable to drive. Spoke with Nissan USA, and was informed I would have to get stuck on the side of the road again, bring the vehicle back and then they would look further into fixing my troubles. This will be the LAST nissan/Infiniti I EVER purchase as they do not stand by their vehicles.. as previously stated I had less than 45k!

The camera on the Special Edition was nice, other than that no real bang for the feature side.

The truck could be faster, as well as built better. Having engine problems after only two years with less than 45k is ridiculous. Nissan not standing behind its product just makes the situation worse.

2 years old and already major repairs.
By tjleck

2012 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The CVT poses major safety concerns. My car lost power on the freeway in heavy traffic slowing to less than 20mile per hour. My car is 2 years old and just over the power train warranty of 60k. I was told it would be 3k to replace the transmission. This reminds me of the old lemons of the 80's when quality was at all time lows. This is the last Nissan I'll ever own.

Nothing.

Lose the CVT. Increase the warranty if the cars aren't going to be built better!.

Don't be deceived...
By cheermom3

2012 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV AWD w/SL Package (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I drove my Rogue for two years until I just couldn't take it another day. The "drone" is annoying, every fast excelled action and hill you climb you won't hear the radio. The "premium" package features stink! Visibility is tough with huge blind spots for highway driving and backing up. The Bluetooth lags so much that I was always talking over the person so I ended up still holding my phone while driving. The GPS setup was worse than the Tom Tom I had for 5+ years, it didn't recognize streets that have been around forever and does not give street names in 2012! The interior cabin has little to no room, road trips are very uncomfortable. Clear coat does not stand up to bird drops.

AWD and anti lock breaks were good in the snow. It's a nice looking vehicle. The reverse camera was great.

Redesign interior for more comfort, improve visibility, improve premium upgrades.

Poor rear visibility, road noise, good value
By mando621

2012 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I replaced my aging 2004 Honda CRV with a 2012 Nissan Rogue and the difference in visibility on the sides and out the back window is striking. The rear window is small and high, and I never feel confident when backing. Typical cabin. It is next to impossible to retrieve an item that falls between the front seat and the console. You literally need a wire hanger or something that narrow. Huge glove box and console but no small spaces for phone, etc. The performance is typical of any new vehicle, it runs and handles fine. I enjoy driving it except when it comes to backing. Compared to my friend's 2012 RAV 4, the road noise is very noticeable. The onboard spare limits cargo space.

Looks good, runs fine. Comfortable seats. Temperature control is good, heats up and cools down quickly. Handles well in slush compared to other small SUVs I have owned. Easy to convert rear seats to cargo space. Set up to play Ipod.

Bigger rear window. Less space devoted to huge glove box and console and more useful space available for placement of smaller items such as phone, ipod, change, etc. Better separation between console and seats at least wide enough to fit your hand so fallen items can be retrieved. Move spare to rear door to increase cargo space.