Used 2012 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

2012 Nissan Rogue

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

2 "Rouge" Transmissions @ 145,500 miles
By bp35209@gmail.com

2012 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have had two transmissions put in and the car is at 145,000 miles and it needs a 3rd one. Nissan is not going to replace. All they tell me it is out of warranty. The 2nd Transmission was put in December 2014 with 90,000 miles.

Previous years have the same issues with the transmission and Nissan will not own up to the problem with them being made by hand and there is a human error when building the transmission. I even told them I would pay for the labor if they payed for the transmission. But they are not changing there mind.

I am about to go drop the car off in Franklin, TN at there office with a TV Crew with me. Then they may do something when media gets involved.

Snow White
By Clara Lander

2012 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

That's her name. I have named all my cars I've owned. My other cars were 1999 Malibou and a 2000 Volvo Wagon. Snow White is a good upgrade for me. I like the better acceleration. I am difficulties using the navigation for backing up. I miss having a big rear window.

Awesome Car, The Truth!
By TreeTree

2012 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV AWD w/SL Package (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car brand new, and never had an issue with it. Kept up with the maintenance/ oil changes and still going at great at 115,000 miles. I've had a lot of cars, Pontiac, Olds, Ford, Kia, dodge(horror stories on transmissions), and Toyota.. This is by far the best car I've ever owned. I have AWD and it handles the cold, harsh climate of Upper Peninsula Michigan just fine. Let's just say, I've past many 4wD trucks on the side of the road during the snow storms and made it home safe and sound. I would buy another Nissan Rogue in a second, and recommend this car.

Deal gone wrong
By Crystal Williams

2012 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV w/SL Package (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have the 2012 rogue and my transmission done gone bad. Corporate offered no help to get it fix because I've gone over 60000 miles. I have had my car for 3 yrs with 0 miles when I purchased it. I am so done with Nissan. I have to put out almost 4 thousand for a transmission. I think Nissan need to recall these transmissions

Vibration and Rattling Noise when Driving - 2012
By J Weimar

2012 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Car vibrates due to engine movement. When the AC kicks in, it gets worse. See Youtube videos on vibration. I've never owned a car designed to vibrate. Its a reason only by itself no to purchase a Rouge. Its a design issue in which Nissan says its working as design.