2012 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:
Don't be deceived...
By cheermom3 on 03/23/14 19:10 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV AWD w/SL Package (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I drove my Rogue for two years until I just couldn't take it another day. The "drone" is annoying, every fast excelled action and hill you climb you won't hear the radio. The "premium" package features stink! Visibility is tough with huge blind spots for highway driving and backing up. The Bluetooth lags so much that I was always talking over the person so I ended up still holding my phone while driving. The GPS setup was worse than the Tom Tom I had for 5+ years, it didn't recognize streets that have been around forever and does not give street names in 2012! The interior cabin has little to no room, road trips are very uncomfortable. Clear coat does not stand up to bird drops.

Poor rear visibility, road noise, good value
By mando621 on 01/10/13 19:42 PM (PST)

2012 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I replaced my aging 2004 Honda CRV with a 2012 Nissan Rogue and the difference in visibility on the sides and out the back window is striking. The rear window is small and high, and I never feel confident when backing. Typical cabin. It is next to impossible to retrieve an item that falls between the front seat and the console. You literally need a wire hanger or something that narrow. Huge glove box and console but no small spaces for phone, etc. The performance is typical of any new vehicle, it runs and handles fine. I enjoy driving it except when it comes to backing. Compared to my friend's 2012 RAV 4, the road noise is very noticeable. The onboard spare limits cargo space.

My Wife and I Love this SUV
By georgebake on 11/29/12 11:17 AM (PST)

2012 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We have absolutly have no complaints about the car. I test drove Suburu, Honda CR-V, Toyota Rav 4, Ford Escape and Hyandai Santa Fe and the Rogue blew them all away. Very good ride, quiet, confortable seats, lots of room. We got the premimium package which provides back up camera, GPS, auto head lights, roof rails, keyless entry and start and power seats, all for about $1400.00 for the package. My wife is 65 and she says it is the best car she has ever owned. I have a CX-9 which I love but prefer to drive the Rogue. Great pickup and very quiet. Great rebates (2K).

Poor built
By veldatt on 11/29/12 07:36 AM (PST)

2012 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV AWD w/SL Package (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We bought our fully loaded Nissan Rogue, after reading lots of reviews. We drove the car and it seemed nice. We have driven this SUV for 12,000 km now and it seems it is a poorly built SUV. The paint is cheap and the flap cover over the spare wheel in the trunk jumps making lots of annoying noise (as if you are carrying empty utensils). When shown to the dealer, they say this is the way it is built and when it is cold temperature outside, the rubber knobs shrink and there will some noise. The flap cover is actually loose and not tied down by screws. This is a quality issue which Nissan must address. We paid $38k for this SUV, but are repenting. We should have bought VW Tiguan or Rav4.

Great small SUV at 3500 miles!! VERY happy!
By pjclark4 on 09/21/12 11:07 AM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The drive is terrific. Plenty of pick up. Not sure why anyone would need a V6. I mean, if you want to drive that fast, buy a sports car. The 4 cyl has more than enough to get us on the highway and for passing. At 6ft 2 and lanky as can be, I am extremely comfortable. Plenty of leg room in the front, although I can't speak for the back as I've never sat in it. My 5ft 7in wife fits fine in the back behind me with two car seats though, so that says something. After 3500 miles, the MPG estimates appear dead on. We can get 30 going 55 in flatter areas, 23 around town (DC), and 27ish at my preferred 80mph on the high. I'll take that for an SUV filled to the brim most days.

Ideal choice for Singles and Small Family
By supragya on 08/27/12 09:52 AM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought Nissan Rogue 2012 S AWD Special Edition. Requirement - Looking for a crossover which could address the requirements for small family (couple and an infant) and it fit the bill perfectly. - AWD - We get lot of snow here in Phily and AWD became a necessity. Rationale and Decision Making. - Special Edition provided very good value esp with the reverse parking camera (and 15" aluminium wheels, steering mounted controls, privacy glass, decent audio system) and fog lamps; a must for this SUV which huge D Pillars which limits visibility.

Paint Problem with Pearl White
By rough61 on 08/23/12 08:50 AM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought 2012 Rogue in Dec.2011. Now I only drove 10,000km. I noticed there are so many yellow dots under the paint and all over the car body. When you touch it, the surfact is smooth and you are unable to wash it way. even with Wax. I call dealer and booked an appointment tomorrow.

Nice Drive
By nakkers on 07/27/12 09:43 AM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Coming from 2010 Ford Escape xlt, fwd, 4 cyl, to a 2012 Rogue SV. The Rogue's quality of materials feel much better than the Escape. Also drives more like a car and much quieter. In the past week, I've put it through nearly 3000 kms. I'm on the road a lot. I like the CVT when at highway speed and having to pass. Very smooth. It is a bit unusual when getting up to speed from the on-ramp but, I think it's pretty easy to get used to. Feels planted and tracks well.

rogue has vibration issues
By driver735 on 06/19/12 08:57 AM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I recently purchased a nissan rogue, after driving the car for a couple of days i noticed a strange vibration coming from the vehicle. I brought it back to garden city several times, each time i was given a different explanation as to what was causing the vibration. Finally on my last visit i was told that the cause was the cvt transmission and that this was normal. This vibration makes for a terrible driving experience. An automobile should run smoothly. I suggest any one interested in buying the nissan rogue to find something else.

Excellent Small SUV
By reddobie0 on 06/08/12 19:42 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV AWD w/SL Package (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought a fully loaded Rogue and recieved a deal I couldn't refuse. Traded in my CRV because I had my fill of Honda and their busted up transmissions in thier SUV's and vans. Absolutely love the rogue. From a dead stop it is a little slow but on the highway it has plenty of power to pass. Seems to keep the car right in the powerband. Own a 2010 Escalade and it seems my wife is always taking my Rogue when I'm not looking. Could use a little more cargo space but sufficient for my needs. Handles well and I wont have to replace an expensive timing belt ever again(unlike my Hondas). Drove several other competitors and kept going back to the rogue. Very happy and I have fun driving again!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Nissan Rogue in VA is:

$131 per month*